Are you still sending out invites or have you reached your limit? If you have looks like I didn’t make the cut off.
Same for me may have been refreshing my gmail for a little while after reading this thread
We’re still sending out invites! We have to do it about ten at a time so it’s going to take a while. Sorry about that! If you were able to fill out the form we will do our best to get you into there but it will take at least a few days to get everyone onboarded.
What form ?
I am Beta
I just been waiting for this to be up and running, I need 2 new cameras in my home.
Just waiting for this to happen is all
“The form” refers to the survey linked in the first post in this thread.
I was hoping us “early” testers would get priority. ;-(
@WyzeGwendolyn do you have any news on what happened to the invites for those of us who signed up initially and still haven’t receive an email?
We’re still working on it! Google said that they sent out all of the invitations but we aren’t seeing them so we’re looking into this.
I signed up on day 1, but haven’t seen an invitation yet
Update time for Google Home Integration Beta.
We have been working with Google in the last 7 days to get 1,000 users to be part of our beta. Unfortunately, they just told us that they don’t have a way to circumvent the 100 users limitations per day and per group and the ability to add more than 10 users at a time.
We have one more trick in our sleeves that we want to try this afternoon. We will brute force the addition of the emails in their system and see how far we can go. I’m commandeering several employees this afternoon and we will try to add as many people as possible.
This Google Home journey has not been an easy one so far and we aren’t where we hoped we would be at this time. But we are slowly getting there! Thank you for your patience as we work through these challenges.
I am in the google group but how do I stream to the chromecast from google home commands? @WyzeFrederik
Yay, in the Google group!
Let the fun begin lol
Accepted the invitation, but how do i add Wyzecam to Google Home app? It’s not listed
Here are the instructions for Google Home Beta:
Hello dear beta testers!
WyzeGwendolyn has mentioned it in the past but now it is time. We hit a couple of issues and it prevented us to open that feature earlier.
We are finally opening the beta testing of … Google Home!
We have collected a lot of participants and to be honest, I’m not sure how many people we will be able to onboard. We will try to get as many people as possible and it will take several days to get there so please be patient.
Here are the instructions:
We are sending your invitations to the Google email addresses that we have on file.
- Look for an email from Google with the following title:
“Invitation to join Google Assistant Beta Group”
Accept the invitation.
- If you do not already have the Google Assistant app, go to your app store to install the application and then launch it.
- Then go to the following link:
and click on the link to enable the simulator.
Note that this step is not required for everybody so if you are not presented the option then move forward.
- In the Google Assistant app, click on Account at the top right corner. (Photo 1)
- Then select the Assistant tab and go to the Home Control entry. (Photo 2)
- Select Devices and hit the + button at the bottom right corner to add the devices. (Photo 3)
- Select “[test] Wyze Home”. It should be at the top of the page. (Photo 4)
Note: If you are not seeing “[test] Wyze Home”, then go to the Step 3 and make sure that you enable the simulator.
- This will bring up the Wyze authentication panel. Input your Wyze username and password to sign in. (Photo 5)
- Accept the permission to share the Wyze device list with Google. (Photo 6)
- Google will present the list of devices you have available and will allow you to assign them to a room. It’s optional and you can perform this operation by clicking on the pencil on the same row than the device on the right side.
Once completed, push the Done button at the top right corner. (Photo 7)
- The setup will now be complete. Press, “GOT IT” to dismiss this screen. (Photo 8)
- Back out of the Add devices page by selecting the back button at the top left corner. (Photo 9)
- Back out of the Home control screen using the same arrow. (Photo 10)
- Push the voice assistant button at the bottom of the screen and provide your command.
You can say something like, “Show <Camera Name> on <Chromecast Name>.” (Photo 11)
- We had to disable the audio part of the video to start. We are hoping to re-enable it by the end of the week but it might take longer.
- Once in a while Google Home will say “stream is not available to ALL the cameras”. If this is happening, you need to unlink the account and relink it. We are looking into fixing that issue.
- The latency is about 15s. We are looking to see if we can reduce it but there is no guarantee for the moment that this could be achieved.
Thanks! Works like a charm!
Oh…yes…we have lift off!
Working like a champ so far! I’m testing from a remote location and it took about 10-15 seconds for the stream to start after I told Google to show it. I will test further and on local network in a bit.
Off to a good start! So, when can we purchase some Wyze Bulbs?
Also word of caution for all our beta testers: Shut <camera name> will turn the camera off!
And yes, it is a feature!
Just got my invite today. Getting ready to test… Kudos to all…