Beta Testing Application For Google Home

Any news?

Signed, Anxious

1 Like

No news yet. Sorry, everyone! We’re still working on sorting out this bug with the Google team. You’ll be the first to know when we have an update for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen will everyone who signed up be included because I have 4 chromecasts and 5 google homes and 6 wyze v2’s so I would love google assistant integration?

I’m not sure if there’s an upper limit for who can be included but we’ll do our best to get everyone in. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have a LG TV with built in google assistant will Wyze cams be able to be displayed on the TV with out the use of a Chromecast? I have a chromecast too but just curious.

1 Like

I think so? I know that my Android TV has Chromecast built in with the Google Assistant. @Frederik?

That would be most excellent. Thank you :grin:

I can’t find any information about the LG TVs but I have to assume that the TV can act as a Chromecast. I would be surprise if it doesn’t. It would be such a miss opportunity!

1 Like

I might be very wrong but as far I know LG TVs runs a propietary software called webOS and they are not official Android partners. In order to work. Most likely you will need a certified Android TV device with Chromecast built in: Android TV
My experience with LG is that they are close and limited, still they are very fast to run apks like Netflix. Please check you really have google assistant (not the same than voice commands capability) and true built in Chromecast. You can check the built in Chromecast version at the smart setup. If both are checked then it should work. BRs

1 Like

And now I am sad LOL.

Me too. I have a 40" Vizio TV D-Series with Google Assistant and Alexa builit in and I’m hoping to be able to Chromecast my 2 Wyze Cam to the TV.

1 Like

You should be a me to do it with Alexa already for that device.

I don’t have any Alexa devices. Just Google Home Mini’s all over my house and some chromecast and chromecast audio devices.

You wrote your Vizio has Alexa built in…

Waiting …

I’d like to help by beta testing as well. I got 4 GH, 2 chromecast and 1 AndroidTV

Could be great to test this :smiley:

I should get my Wyze cam tomorrow, and an Google Home Hub before the end of the week :slight_smile:

But my Wyze account is created with another email then my Google account… :slight_smile:
Guess we’ll find out anyways! :slight_smile:

Excited to see Google Home integration! Please continue to prioritize this feature. :partying_face:

@UserCustomerGwen how’s that bug coming? I just signed up for the beta testing, sad I may have missed it, but after catching up with the threads, I see there may be hope for me yet!

3 Likes

Not sure if you are still handing out invites to this feature, i did the survey and would love to test it with Chromecast