Beta Testing Application For Google Home

I signed up but still haven’t received email to join… Is wyze stop sending invitation?

Anyone get google assistant video streaming to work with android tv (Mi box s)? Mine wont work, but it works fine when i ask it to show my stream on my vizio with chromecast built in. The android tv has all the same tech as a chromecast, I would think it would work the same.

Hi
Just saw this thread. Will this work on the Lenovo displays?

Yes, it works on my Lenovo 10". Still suffers from the 15-20 second lag, but otherwise working fine.

1 Like

Try going to the camera in the GH app and setting a nickname for it. You could nickname it “camera for” and that should work as an Alias for the device within Google Home/Assistant. You could also nickname it “Living Room” or whatever if you wanted and then Google would recognize it as that, but you wouldn’t have to rename the camera on other platforms.

Most annoying option: create a routine in GH with a custom phrase of “Show camera for on the living room tv” and then tell it to cast camera4 to the correlating chromecast.

Actually, I just tried to test this and the WyzeCam doesn’t have an option for a nickname in GH like other devices. Perhaps this is something that the devs can look into/add? In the meantime your best bet for not changing the camera name is to create a routine in the GH app. I have tested that and it works fine. I have a camera in my daughter’s room called baby monitor. I created a routine that assigned the phrase “show me Charlie’s room” to the command “show the baby monitor”. That way I can say either phrase and it will work. You should be able to do the same with “show me camera for.” and then assigning it to the command show camera4".

1 Like

There were some email addresses that kicked back errors so yours may have been one of those ones. We are no longer sending out invitations but we’ll have the integration out for everyone as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone! I received my invite, connected as per instructions but get an error when trying to play.
“Sorry, I can’t play the stream from main camera on android tv for now.”
Using wyze cam v2 and nvidia shield (Android TV with built in chromecast) all on same network.

I’ve had this issue a couple of times. I had to delete, and then re-add the Wyze Home service in the Google Home app. Hope that helps.

Reading through others posts, looks like others are not having success either with Android TV, so you’re not alone.

Ah, didn’t know that.

Which Android TV did you had success with? thanks

Just returned from holidays, can’t wait to try it out :slight_smile:

Yes, working fine for me on Lenovo smart display, no luck on other Androit TV devices like the MiBox MDZ16AB

We use RTSP for Alexa and HLS for Google Home.
Alexa supports only RTSP and WebRTC from what I understand.

1 Like

Should casting the stream to an android TV work, or is that going to happen in a future update?

How does screensharing from Chrome to Chromecast work? Whatever the underlying video format is, it works with almost no delay. Can the same be used for the Wyze cams?

Did HLS perform better over the other video formats in your tests?: Actions on Google Smart Home  |  Google Developers

Can you alternativly tweak the HLS stream by for example reducing the chunk size?: HLS Latency Sucks, But Here's How to Fix It | Wowza Media Systems

They are most likely doing a local connection which we cannot do right now because of the transcoding required from RTMP to HLS. We have a global initiative that is a multi months to revamp the format and realigned based on the requirements for streaming.

We are playing on the chunk size but we have to be careful of not keeping the chunk size to low or it will cause some trouble.

Just throwing around ideas without having technical knowledge in this field: Is it possible to keep a “rolling” 10 second buffer on each cam locally and immediately upload it for the first HLS-chunk as soon a stream is requested?

1 Like

It’s one of the potential solution but would require a significant change in the firmware and would consume some of the memory. Changing the firmware is always a hard proposition because of the amount of testing involved to stabilize it and for the scarce availability of the resources on the camera.

But that’s something that can potentially be done.

1 Like

Worked well for me, 3 cams at this location. Consistent 15 sec delay, but it does catch up. I had one instance where it was spinning and seemed to lose the connection, this was after I moved the PanCam. New command to Google reconnected. Seems to work fine with fixed (original and v2) and Pan, consistent time delay, ALSO, I can stream the Cam to my home in another state where I also have G Home and Chromecast. That’s cool, its not limited to Wyzecam and G Home/Chomecast having to be on the same local net.