Beta Testing Application For Google Home

Nevermind, figured out by adding the devices to Google home and telling it to show the camera on the TV. Is there not an option for the Chromecast icon on the camera view itself?

I was trying to reply to you saying that and got sidetracked… Hopefully that option is in the works, but not right now.

I am still unable to add my Wyze account back to Google Home app. It fails after signing in. Can a dev please look at my earlier posts and see what is causing this issue?

Also, I see from subsequent posts there seems to be about a 15 lag between the live stream and what’s shown on the TV. Is there a plan to fix this?

jamezpowell, I recommend that you get in contact with customer support using this form: Submit a request – Wyze

@Nad3k, we have longterm plans that should help with the lag but we can’t make promises yet and it will take significant work. We wanted to get the first version out to everyone instead of making people wait even longer before they could use the Google Assistant integration.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Amazon spot not able to connect

Moved to new topic to keep thread on subject

Tried seeing my PanCam on a nest hub. It connected after about 20 seconds of showing it was connecting. That lag in and of itself isn’t the issue for me, however, after 2-15 seconds of showing video it then goes back to connecting, and does this over and over. So it’s basically unusable. No issues streaming audio or video from services to the hub so it’s not a signal problem.

Sorry to hear about this, jefferai! Are you still running into this problem?

Yep, I tried it for the first time just before I posted.

I have two Wyze Cam V2s and get the exact same experience as jefferai described. I have got this experience from day one and just thought it was normal. Both my Nest Hub and Both Wyze cams are connected fine and work otherwise on my phone for example (network isn’t the problem), but when I ask Google to show my cameras, it takes forever to load, sometimes doesn’t at all, and if it does, it keeps going black and trying to reload the stream. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting my devices from the internet as well as from Google and neither help at all. Any suggestions?

Could you please message me with the MAC address of the Wyze Cam you’re trying to stream, your Wyze account email address, and the date/time/time zone of the last time it failed to stream properly?

We’re sorry that this is occurring and I have the engineers looking into this case by case.

3 Likes

Message sent.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you very much.

This happens to me too but it happens with every single one of my cams. I can remove and reconnect Wyze to google and same thing.

This is happening to me as well. Blank screen. I would show you the video but apparently I cant upload attachments.

Is there any update/fix/workaround?

No, but we have an improvement we’re testing in alpha. I’m hoping that it will do the trick. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen - I am a Google Nest Home owner and a Wyze Beta app user, but I did not request to join the test group.

Today I saw this elsewhere in the Beta section:

So does that mean the Google Nest Hub fix is out of Alpha and now in Beta? Or is that a different fix?

Also - where should non-Facebook users post reports / experiences with streaming to their Google Nest Hub from Wyze cams running the new .105 rev beta firmware?

1 Like

Please post that feedback in the beta area of the forum. Thanks for your help! This is a fix that should address one of the issues with streaming through Google Assistant. I hope it works well for you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Gwen! I really need to start checking the forums more often (my fault). I saw this post about the new Beta Firmware the other day and got excited about possible fixes for the Google Nest Hubs. I did take video of my experience so far for context. Am I able to show what I’m seeing on here?

Quick Note: 2 Factor is enabled on my Wyze account. Seems like you have to trigger it twice for the feed to show up.

1 Like