Beta Testing Application For Google Home

I signed up on day 1, but haven’t seen an invitation yet :frowning:

Update time for Google Home Integration Beta.

We have been working with Google in the last 7 days to get 1,000 users to be part of our beta. Unfortunately, they just told us that they don’t have a way to circumvent the 100 users limitations per day and per group and the ability to add more than 10 users at a time.

We have one more trick in our sleeves that we want to try this afternoon. We will brute force the addition of the emails in their system and see how far we can go. I’m commandeering several employees this afternoon and we will try to add as many people as possible.

This Google Home journey has not been an easy one so far and we aren’t where we hoped we would be at this time. But we are slowly getting there! Thank you for your patience as we work through these challenges.

8 Likes

I am in the google group but how do I stream to the chromecast from google home commands? @Frederik

Yay, in the Google group!
Let the fun begin lol

1 Like

Accepted the invitation, but how do i add Wyzecam to Google Home app? It’s not listed

Here are the instructions for Google Home Beta:
Hello dear beta testers!

WyzeGwendolyn has mentioned it in the past but now it is time. We hit a couple of issues and it prevented us to open that feature earlier.
We are finally opening the beta testing of … Google Home!

We have collected a lot of participants and to be honest, I’m not sure how many people we will be able to onboard. We will try to get as many people as possible and it will take several days to get there so please be patient.

Here are the instructions:
We are sending your invitations to the Google email addresses that we have on file.

1. Look for an email from Google with the following title:
    “Invitation to join Google Assistant Beta Group”
    Accept the invitation.
  2. If you do not already have the Google Assistant app, go to your app store to install the application and then launch it.
  3. Then go to the following link:
    https://console.actions.google.com/…/wyze-…/simulatorcreate…
    and click on the link to enable the simulator.
    Note that this step is not required for everybody so if you are not presented the option then move forward.
  4. In the Google Assistant app, click on Account at the top right corner. (Photo 1)
  5. Then select the Assistant tab and go to the Home Control entry. (Photo 2)
  6. Select Devices and hit the + button at the bottom right corner to add the devices. (Photo 3)
  7. Select “[test] Wyze Home”. It should be at the top of the page. (Photo 4)
    Note: If you are not seeing “[test] Wyze Home”, then go to the Step 3 and make sure that you enable the simulator.
  8. This will bring up the Wyze authentication panel. Input your Wyze username and password to sign in. (Photo 5)
  9. Accept the permission to share the Wyze device list with Google. (Photo 6)
  10. Google will present the list of devices you have available and will allow you to assign them to a room. It’s optional and you can perform this operation by clicking on the pencil on the same row than the device on the right side.
    Once completed, push the Done button at the top right corner. (Photo 7)
  11. The setup will now be complete. Press, “GOT IT” to dismiss this screen. (Photo 8)
  12. Back out of the Add devices page by selecting the back button at the top left corner. (Photo 9)
  13. Back out of the Home control screen using the same arrow. (Photo 10)
  14. Push the voice assistant button at the bottom of the screen and provide your command.
    You can say something like, “Show <Camera Name> on <Chromecast Name>.” (Photo 11)

Known Bugs:

10 Likes

Thanks! Works like a charm!

2 Likes

Oh…yes…we have lift off!

2 Likes

Working like a champ so far! I’m testing from a remote location and it took about 10-15 seconds for the stream to start after I told Google to show it. I will test further and on local network in a bit.

Off to a good start! So, when can we purchase some Wyze Bulbs? :smile:

1 Like

Also word of caution for all our beta testers: Shut <camera name> will turn the camera off!

And yes, it is a feature!

3 Likes

Just got my invite today. Getting ready to test… Kudos to all…

Yes, I found this out too. Still haven’t mastered the language to stop the stream on device.

I found out that if you say “stop” on the Google hub, it will stop that stream, but when I started the camera stream on Chromecast, and then different stream on the hub, I had difficulty getting the CC stream to stop. …

First, I’m happy to report that the stream did show on a Lenovo Smart Display. About 10 second delay after command for it to start the feed, and about 15 second delay between the live activity and the camera feed.

I was able to have one camera feed on the Lenovo hub and a different feed on the Chromecast at the same time.

The picture on the 55" tv looked pretty good through the CC.

“Turn off the camera” doesn’t stop the feed… It powers off the camera. I was able to power it back on using hub touch display.

I assigned the cameras to rooms, and when I asked the hub to show me the room, it pulled up icons for the camera, my Google speakers, and smart bulbs assigned to that room.

When I asked it to show me the (groupname) cameras on (Chromecast), it said it was showing both cameras in that group, but only one feed showed on screen. I tried to get it to go to the next camera, but it didn’t understand.

1 Like

I just tested it on the Google home hub, and it worked great! It did stay on “Playing Smart Home Camera” for about 10 seconds before going to the actual stream. It would be nice if it displayed the camera name instead of “smart home camera”. It is nice the recent apps card is on the home screen to go back to the stream. I don’t recall the nest doing that. Also, our most used wyze cam is used as a baby monitor so I would definitely like audio support! Thanks for all the hard work.

Works great. I’m in a remote location, took like 10 to 25 seconds.

Thumbs up.

I get a black screen with an horizontal grey bar instead of the feed. I’m using a chrome cast 2. AndroidTv doesn’t work.

1 Like

Loving it so far - 10 cameras connected via Google Home, 2 in remote locations in Canada. 2 pan cameras work great also, including great picture quality while panning. All cameras are casting perfectly (with ~15s lag as disclosed) to Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, and Google Hub with no issues! Will be aggressively testing over next weeks. THANK YOU WYZE !!!

2 Likes

So far so good! I asked one at a time to see all of my cameras on my Chromecast. I got through most and then one wouldn’t connect. Exited from Google assistant and tried again a minute later and it worked just fine. It might just be my home network though? I have 14 cams currently.

What command should we use to close the stream with out shutting off the camera? Obviously I just kept asking to see “camera name” until I got to the end but now that I’ve closed the Google assistant notification on my phone the camera display is paused at the time I exited the app.

Almost all working good so far. One issue to note. Five cameras named camara1 through camara5. Can’t view camera4 as Google Home Hub correctly intercepted speech and shows text “show camera4” but in real-time changes it to read “show camera for” or “show camera full”.

Also, from the Google Home app on Android, the camera icons show but cannot be viewed, just edited. I would think that similar to things like lights and thermostats, the cameras should be accessible in the app.