[Beta] New version released to Beta testers

Hi Beta testers,

Hope you are not waiting too long. We are excited to announce the release of the latest Beta version, both APP and firmware. Thank you for the support and engagement that drive us to enhance the functionalities and improve the experience continuously. Looking forward to your feedback. Here are the changelogs:

[APP]

iOS 2.1.16

• Firmware bulk upgrade.

• Supported PayPal payment.

• Added device activation date.

• Added a new toggle to control the IR Emission on V2 and Pan(latest firmware needed).

• Added double check when setting up new passwords.

• Improved experience when setting up devices.

• Some minor fixes and improvements.

Android 2.1.17

• Firmware bulk upgrade.

• Supported PayPal payment.

• Added device activation date.

• Added a new toggle to control the IR Emission on V2 and Pan(latest firmware needed).

• Fixed the Bluetooth connection issue.

• Improved experience when switching the event clips.

• Added double check when setting up new passwords.

• Improved experience when setting up devices.

• Improved experience when hitting the back button in some tabs.

• Some minor fixes and improvements.

[Firmware]

Pan 4.10.3.26

• Security updates.

• Supported IR Emission control.

Cam V2 4.9.4.24

• Security updates.

• Supported IR Emission control.

Cam V1 3.9.3.94

• Security updates.
9 Likes

Thanks Roy :call_me_hand:t5:

IR emission control means turning it off with night mode on?

1 Like

It controls whether the IR leds turn on when night vision is activated.

2 Likes

A lot of people will be happy… and then gripe about rtsp lol.

3 Likes

Oh My! Bulk firmware update is WONDERFUL! I just updated both of my Pans from 4.10.2.31 to 4.10.3./26 and 10 of my 11 V2s from 4.9.3.64 to 4.9.4.24 with just a few buttons and in just a couple minutes.
The 11h V2 was not in range of WiFi so it will get updated tonight.

As for IR control, too light for me to test at this time, but I have four cameras that point through windows so easy to test this evening. Looking forward to that!

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

It can help customers identify whether their device is under the warranty. Thanks.

Thanks for the updates. Is it just me or do the colors look better in the app? I’m using a Pixel 2.

Supported IR Emission control

Yet another requested feature implemented! Thank you Wyze team!

5 Likes

The IR emission button works to turn off the LEDs but it didn’t re-enable them. I had to rotate through night vision on, off, and auto to re-enable. Great feature added though!

Update all, worked Good Except one didn’t take, I did that individually and it was all good
LEDs off works great , re-enabling them works it just takes 10 to 15 seconds for it to happen
THANKS WYZE TEAM

My pan is not keeping night vision enabled anymore. If I restart it, night vision is on, then at some point it turns off and will not turn back on no matter how many times I cycle.

Same problem here. Rebooting sometimes works, but not always.

Which firmware version are you using right now?

Bulk update will be great but IR emissions control will make all my cameras behind windows significantly more useful at night. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks, @XRoyHe. Bulk update is a great enhancement. I updated FW on one camera manually, then used bulk update on the remaining 4 cameras. The App 2.1.17 worked fast and did not get confused that one camera was already up to date.

I noticed that the Events thumbnails on my V1 cameras are no longer a gray scale image of someone’s kitchen (not mine), but now are a “sketch/drawing” of a V1 or V2 camera. I presume that was intentional (and it’s OK with me anyway).

Just what I needed for my cameras stuck behind windows. Thanks Wyze!

2 Likes

When this happened again, Don’t reboot you cam, get your firmware log email to abao@wyzecam.com . Dev team will locate the issue and fix it ASAP.

2 Likes

4.10.3.26. Will do. Waiting for it to get dark here. Thanks for your time.

1 Like