Beta app to install beta software for Wyze vacuum did not install

I wanted to have access to the beta firmware, so that I could have the second floor on the app. I signed up as a tester, an app update showed up in Google playstore, but when I downloaded it, the app was not the beta one and it indicates that my firmware is up to date (v. 1.6.113) with no second floor option. How would I fix? Thanks.

What is the version number of the app you downloaded?

Wyze app Home > Account > About

The current Android WyzeBeta app is v2.20.3.

Once you have the latest beta app installed, add the vacuum project to your testing list. Go to:

Wyze app Home > Account > About > Beta Program > Edit > Wyze Robot Vacuum (check the checkbox) > Save

Vacuum beta firmware 1.6.126 should be available at:

Wyze app Home > Account > Firmware Update

and

Wyze app Home > your Vacuum > Settings (gear icon upper right) > Device Info > Firmware Version

3 Likes

Thank you! So, there was just one more step that I did not accomplish: From within the app, enroll in the beta program. This fixed it for me. Thanks, again.

1 Like

You’re welcome and glad to hear you got beta going. :+1:

Well, not so fast - half-way there. The Wyze android app that I have is v2.19.15 and not v2.20.3 and no updates to this version are showing up (yet) In playstore.

Go to the Google Play Store and tap on the Wyze app. Do you see notices that Beta signup is in progress?

I do not. In playstore, when I go to Wyze app it reads “Wyze (Beta), You’re a beta tester for this app. Future updates will include beta versions… Last updated Apr 20, 2021.” Again, the version is v2.19.15.

This is what you should see:

It sounds like the Play Store on your phone isn’t updating. Try clearing the app cache for Google Play services and Google Play Store, then restart your phone:

Your phone’s Android settings > Apps > Google Play services > Storage > Clear Cache

Your phone’s Android settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache

1 Like

Sadly, this procedure did not fix issue.

You are definitely set up on your end. You’ll have to wait for Google to provide the app update for your account. Sometimes it takes only minutes after an update is published, sometimes they are so slow it takes days. :expressionless:

Thanks for your help. I will let you know when this update comes my way.

1 Like

I’ll chime in here. I’ve been at this for a week, polling Play Store every 4 hours, and I still don’t have it. I’ve done the clear app cache, reboot sequence 3 times already. And in that time I have received over 100 other app updates from Play Store. Something just isn’t right here. I’ve also contacted the Wyze Team multiple times and sent over several tickets. And it’s just crickets. No one responds.