Best Settings for V2 for Outdoor Use? Flies and people?

Set your sensitivity to about 75% and then just keep going down until you don’t get the flies and bugs. This way you don’t go down too far and lose other motion.

Thanks. I’m at 60 percent on both and it’s still picking up flies. What would you say the minimum should be. I don’t want it to miss people.

For what it’s worth I recounted in a separate thread how this week I finally turned off the LEDs (but left night vision on). Our streetlights provide some illumination, and the bug alerts have vanished. This is all without any PIR sensor installed.

1 Like

@Customer When you say you turned off the LEDs, do you mean the ‘Night Vision IR Lights’ under Advanced Settings, and left ‘Night Vision Mode’ to ‘Auto’?

Thanks!

Yes. I’m saying I left Night Vision Mode on Auto and turned Night Vision Lights to Off. One thread where I gave a screenshot is Outdoor Camera vs. Indoor Camera for Front Porch - #28 by Ken.S

This is certainly not a new idea or new Wyze feature but I just got around to trying it.

1 Like

Maybe Wyze should highlight the Off/Auto/On indicators so we know which option is set.

I also have the Lights off. I wasn’t sure what I had the Mode on, it is hopefully Off now. I do not need it on, the street lights are fine, my camera is behind a window.

Huh? No, the lights should be off (especially behind a window) but with the MODE off you won’t be able to see in the dark. I hope those are some pretty bright street lights. Whatever works best for you…