Base will not connect to Wifi

I just tried connecting 2 WCO base stations to WiFi. Both transitions from Ethernet to WiFi went without a hitch. All cams and base stations are running current production firmware:

WCO base firmware 4.16.1.18
WCO cam firmware 4.17.1.027

Will post some screenshots of the transition to WiFi in a few hours…

1 Like

Make sure the base station and camera have updated firmware, AND your Wyze app is updated. This feature was only rolled out in a recentish update.

Thanks, will try again then… :slight_smile:
Appreciate the information.

Wouldn’t some quality control be nice?

The “working now” is still under development at Wyze … We will advise you when it’s available (Even as a joke that’s not funny)

I’ve exhausted all options at this point. I cannot get the camera base connected to wifi.

Attempt 1: iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.4). Connects to Ethernet no problem, won’t connect to wifi.

Attempt 2: iPhone again, delete all cameras and base, turn off “smart connect” router setting to force 2.4ghz network. Still won’t connect.

Attempt 3: Pixel 3XL (Android 11). Delete all cameras and base, start from scratch. Still won’t connect.

Attempt 4: Turn off “mesh” settings on router, restart router, restart base, delete all cameras and base, start over with Pixel 3XL. Still won’t connect.

This is beyond frustrating and needs a fix. My wifi settings are correct and catered to the 2.4 network, everything is correct in the menus but as soon as I disconnect Ethernet it’s endless blue flashing.

1 Like

Any chance you have MAC address Access Control security turned on your router?

“Use Default MAC Address” is my setting

EDIT: As soon as I switched from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA/WPA2 it connected immediately. Any chance this is coming in a future update? I’d rather not downgrade the security of my entire home network for a couple outdoor cams.

Original post: Coincidentally, I’m also having a similar problem with a Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener. I’m getting to about the same last step where the device just needs to connect to the network and it fails.

I’m using a WiFi 6 router with WPA2/WPA3-Personal security. Wondering if this is causing these connections to fail.

1 Like

I am also having an issue hooking up to wifi. It keeps telling me that my password is incorrect but it is accurate and I am now having issues reconnecting it to the Base earthnet. I am getting frustrated.

Thanks, new eero router and didn’t realize connection lost when WPA3 enabled. WYZE base only device (of many) with problem. Spent a couple hours trying to figure out with deleting devices and resetting up.

Yeah, I’ve been through all of this too. My solution was to throw them all away, admit that I was stupid and at fault for buying this cheap junk and accept it as a mistake. I will just go back to paying more for more reliable equipment.

I have same issue it sets up without issue for me on Ethernet, the moment i try to connect the base station through wifi it will not work no matter what i do.

1 Like

Same issue with the wifi connection with the base station. It used to work! Now base only works on ethernet or me. If I put it on wifi it just keeps on blinking

Same issue here, I even tried removing all security from my 2.4g network (was WPA2/WPA3, even tried WPA/WPA2). Still will not connect. Simply says “Set wifi info failed” every. single. time. This is insanely annoying, I cannot keep my base station where my router is and plugged in essentially making this entire kit worthless. What is the deal here? Does anyone have a fix? I am using android btw.

Yea I gave up on it and had to powerline it to get it working

Has anyone confirmed if they fixed this issue with iOS 14? Won’t work for me on my iPhone. Gonna try my wife’s android.

Wyze needs to be more on top of this.

Worked immediately on android. What is wyze going to do when iOS 15 comes out in a couple of days?

I just saw this–I assume you resolved the issue since this is a couple months old. I had the same problem–issue for me was my SSID contained a space in the name. The Wyze base firmware didn’t accept it and issued the same error note you had. I created a seperate guest network without the space, and all worked fine. Just in case you’re still having issues, check your SSID for any special characters or spaces.

Nope i gave up on using it by wireless and my ssid is one word no spaces.