Base will not connect to Wifi

It seemed pretty simple to me, tap add a new device , tap on the base , plug in the power , plug in the Ethernet cable, wait for it to finish, after that you do the update wait for that finish and you’re done

3 Likes

It only took about 10 minutes to setup both base and cam. It doesn’t get much easier than that.

Climbing up my ladder and mounting the cam took the longest. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Figured out the issue. Can’t be using ios14 when adding the new device. Changed to my Android phone and setup was fine.

1 Like

Yeah, iOS 14 was my problem also. There’s an option in settings called “private address” in wifi. It defaulted on, maybe that’s the issue?

Yup - I had this issue. I had to turn off the 1.1.1.1 VPN on my phone before it worked.

I hope that Wyze has been in contact with Apple regarding the iOS 14 software that will be released soon

Same here… I did one set under Android 10 and the other set under iOS 13.6. About 10 minutes each.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Why in earth using one of the most popular phones with the latest version won’t work? This is insane, I was a believer that’s Wyze would care for consumers, but I was wrong. Emailed support few times to get help and not a response, that’s messed up. I got cameras and base collecting dust, because the dam base is not connecting. Blue light, disabled 5 g signal, tried everything under the book…no go and support no response!!!

Be patient??? Really?

Terrible response Rock…

So my problem with the base remains, blue light flash, it is on the network, cannot set it up. Support sent me a upgrade file, Some time back. Since then not a word from them. Did get a survey request and rated them bad. Got an email saying they wanted to look in to this and sent them my case number. Problem is reply goes to an unmonitored email box and the link takes you to the support page and you get to create a new ticket. Still no word.
I’m to the point just exchange it or credit my card.

I finally fixed it and that was not with the help of Wyze. I am so disappointed with WYZE support and this outdoor cam combo. First, I email support and 10 days later I have not heard back from them, that is totally unacceptable. Second the main problem is that they sent out a product that is lacking the QA needed to be on the shelf. Why would you put out a product that is not compatible with a well known cell phone maker like Apple, or at least keep testing the newest I/OS in order to keep a good symbiotic relationship between the product and the tool NEEDED to set up the base and cameras. To resolve my issue I had to use an old Iphone so the base would work, bad move from WYZE. Also, I think that the problem is that the base needed to be upgraded and how on earth you are going to upgrade a base if you can not set up??? that is ridiculous!!!
These outdoor cameras are not as I thought they would be. The base keeps turning off without a reason, and this is only the beginning…

If using ios 14+ try this assuming you set everything up and have a solid blue light
Go to settings for iphone
Go to wyze app
make sure local network is enabled (mine wasn’t) I had the same problem as you it works now

Go to settings for iphone
Go to wyze app
make sure local network is enabled (mine wasn’t) I had the same problem as you it works now

And when the instructions are followed to the T with no prevail, then making sure everything else as in, no VPN being used, mobile data off(which shouldn’t interfere with connecting to router), different ethernet cables used, what do you do then?

I have android btw.

I remember being told that the base station could connect over wifi after an update, but I’m not even seeing where I would enter wifi credentials so the base station can connect. Using android.

Mine does not work either – planning on testing again later. But here is where you can find it.

• Start the Wyze App
  • Click on the base you want to connect to WiFi
  • Click on the Gear, top Right
  • Click Device Info
  • You should see 2 menu’s: Change Connection and WiFi Network

Some have said they don’t see it. I am running version 2.17.31 of the app, FW 4.16.1.13 on the base.

Thank you @spamoni.

A few notes if anyone from Wyze is listening:

1. Scanning local wifi networks does not need location access. Asking for permissions you don’t need is a rude violation of privacy.
  2. 5G networks are not supported. That does make sense since the range is higher for 2G but I imagine some ppl will be put off by that.
  3. It didn’t f*cking work. Credentials were triple checked, it just blinks blue and never connects. I’m right beside the router and checked with another device. The network is fine, the base just can’t connect with the correct credentials.
  4. There should be an option to test the connection before pulling the ethernet out.

This is what myself and others have experienced. Was hoping it would be working by now.