AWS Outage Impacting Multiple Wyze Services - 12/15/21

You’re so sweet! :heart:

I have someone flying in tomorrow so I won’t really be able to do this. But if you’re still wanting to do this next week (with zero pressure) and it would bring you joy, I would be happy to accept. :grin:

I also really appreciate you specifying the anonymity. That is very kind. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Everything is back up in New Jersey except the doorbell.

1 Like

I’m sure it would likely bring both of us Joy :beer: hiccup - Just DM me when your ready with a location and I will try and set it up for you. Will tell them you will be identified as Wyze Gwendolyn and you all can go from there if they are willing to do such a transaction.

Cheers :beers:

2 Likes

Everything is back up in Edmonton! Hurrah. Thanks to the Wyze team and @UserCustomerGwen for your dedication to the community as always. Looking forward to hearing more about mitigation improvements as they work through testing and validation.

1 Like

:joy: Will do! Thank you. :hugs:

Thanks also to the wyze team, downfall of technology, stuff happens, it’s AWS fault not Wyze

2 Likes

0530 and lights are still not usable.

See, all I had to do was sleep for a few hours and everything is back up and running.

2 Likes

You might try power cycling them, mine connected after that

1 Like

We’ve seen that some bulbs haven’t connected on their own. We’re checking with the teams about this but I also would try power cycling to see if that helps.

Calling it a night, second “Old Rasputin Stout” put me in the sleepy zone :beer: :sleeping:

Good Night All - Be sleeping in to around Noon tomorrow…LOL

1 Like

See you later! Thanks for hanging out during this. Sleep well! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So it was a planned hang-out after all. See everyone, it’s a feature, not a bug.

2 Likes

Robot vacuum, we affectionately call Wyze[MOD EDIT] is humming away downstairs so that is nice. Bulbs are another story for the moment.

2 Likes

The “fun” part is, all our V3 cams are working just fine, whereas our plugs are all on “vacation” :wink:

2 Likes

This seems to be also happening to the plugs. Our plugs have been reset, cycle (erm not recycle LOL), the works. They just do t connect to my net (yes router and spiel got rebooted as well, downloaded for Xbox at 500 megs, God bless fiber interwebs)

1 Like

Blah, Blah, Blah… you’re offering a service you have no control over? I’ll not be renewing. Get off AWS, to get me back. I don’t think I’m the only one.

1 Like

I just woke up this morning, and everything is working once again.
6:30 EST

2 Likes

Oh, golly. People are now waking up. We have reached that part of night. :sweat_smile:

Glad to hear it and thanks for the update! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My video doorbell still has the cloud with the line through it (offline). Everything else is online… Maybe not the bulbs as I will need to set them up again.

What gives with the video doorbell??

1 Like