AWS Outage Impacting Multiple Wyze Services - 12/15/21

I’m sure they’re not 100% up and running. I done ALL troubleshooting stated on this thread, clear cache, sign off/sign on, remove problem cam, power cycled, re-added in my app, uninstall/reinstall app and nada. I tried my wifes Ipad Air 2 by installing wyze on it and the one problem cam shows on it. The entire troubleshooting I done was on my android phone running android 11, wifes anroid 11 phone is on the same boat as mine. Wondering now if it just an issue for android users.

@UserCustomerGwen not sure of the status on the robot vacuum showing offline in the app. I’m sorry if I missed in the 784 entries… :thinking:

2 Likes

My cams are working, but 2 APPEAR offline, but are able to be accessed and live watched.

I have cleared the cache and logged out of the app but thye are still appearing that way.

I wonder what I cna do to fix that.

Hey @johnnymets

You can use Search within a Topic to narrow it down (via magnifying glass icon, upper right usually). Here are the results for ‘vacuum’ in this Topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/search?expanded=true&q=vacuum%20topic%3A206628%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

Maybe with all these Users saying they are going to ditch Wyze products, those of us that stick around will have better service due to less congestion on the AWS…

I only use their Wyze Cams V2, Pan-Cam and V3 - Not at all interested in any other products ( and now you see why…LOL )

My Home security system is an UL listed Ademco system which did see a blip in it’s comms but switched to a fallback pathway immediately and never lost communications to the App or the monitoring center.

MY home automation is on Z-Wave which will run locally on the Z-Wave network and will connect to WiFi for App control, it never went down either.

Hey @x430ni5

Same here with one v2 cam. We may be in this boat:

1 Like

and that will be really beneficial when aws is still down! come on…

My thoughts exactly.

I would check out tomorrow

All of our stuff shows online with no issues

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Earlier today I had 4 cameras that were showing offline but I was able to do live view , later in the day they straightened themselves out without me doing anything since that time all the cameras are working just as they should.
If they don’t come back totally on their own I would try power cycling the camera, that has solved the issue for me in the past

1 Like

My Wyze Outdoor cameras are still offline(flashing blue lights on the cameras and base) 36 hours and three power off/ on cycle attempts later. 8PM EST Thursday night. Any thoughts on a solution ?

Is the base/hub plugged into your router? If not it will need 2 try it and see if you get a sold blue

Yes. It’s plugged in to the router. I unplugged and Re plugged that as well on each of the power on/off attempts to try and get it to work again.

And obviously my router is talking to the internet or you wouldn’t be able to read this :smile:

1 Like

All my Wyze cams and sensors are now online…but I’m getting an hour late Alexa verbal responses with Wyze triggers.
Rebooted WiFi with no aval.

All my indoor plugs are still not working. I’ve been through all the troubleshooting steps multiple times. All I get is the blue light on every one of the plugs flashing rapidly. They obviously haven’t resolved whatever the issues were from yesterday. My next step is going to be to toss these things in the trash and find something that actually works.

1 Like

I am done with wyze! ordered zigbee plugs for my whole house. there is no excuse for this to be playing out the way it is! I thought wyze was better than this!!!

1 Like

Same here. Like 30 minutes to an hour late. Same thing happened in the summer but was much longer, it drove me nuts at night I had to disable for a day or two.

1 Like