Automatically restart the cam if it can't connect to wyze

Wrong. Unfortunately, I have pictures and video to prove what I’m saying. It CAN NOT be restarted remotely. No need to get into a debate. It does not work and there are ample people attesting to that fact on social media. But let us know what the magical solution is rather than simply contradicting without a valid solution. Contradiction is not a viable answer.

Open a support ticket. I can power cycle all of my cams (7) without issue.

To all concerned here; let’s be clear. “Restart Device” does not perform a power recycle. It is essentially a reboot of the camera. It also does it over an IoT channel separate from the livestream. :slight_smile:

All my cameras are v2 and have 80% wifi strength or higher and they run into the issues mentioned in this thread, so I’m not sure where the idea came from that this is a wifi coverage issue. My cameras occasionally drop their connection and require me to physically power cycle them to get them working again (the in-app restart fails). Definitely not a wifi coverage issue for me - and this is the biggest black eye of the Wyze cams in my opinion.

1 Like

I just purchased 3 cameras and installed last week…easy and worked great until today. Woke up to no internet…company fixed outage within 1 hr…everything in my home reconnected except Wyze cameras…
Finally had to get on ladder to restart par cameras like new install.
This is a deal breaker unless resolved. These will be used for security when away for months at a time… 1 internet outage and I’m dead in the water. Please advise if there’s a solution.
R.Lieberman

I will like to ask that in the next firmware revision to add a counter. When cameras are offline start the counter and when the counter reaches x counts try to connect if successful fine if not reset the counter and start again.

It seems ludicrous to have to push the button on the screen to reset the connection everytime the connection drops/glitches etc… especially when viewing quad Wyze cams on a landscape ipad that continuously fail 3 of 4 connections arbitrarily with error codes 20010, 20015, 20016 every hour!
If the cams could autoreset their offline status without human intervention it could dismiss the useless"hung" screen view containing the Connection failed message.