Auto focus feature

Sir, that was actually a typo error. I surely didn’t mean to offend you. I’m 55 y/o. My “dude” days were in the 70’s … lol. I’m so sorry if I offended you.

I’m wasn’t offended, just surprised. I would say this but it is before my time.

The expression “23 skidoo,” a slang way of referring to a hasty departure , usually at the behest of external factors, became popular early in the 1900s

1 Like

We have one of the Sidewinder cameras at work on top of a 150 foot radio tower which is on top of a mountain a few miles north of Los Angeles, Works great, but a far cry from a Wyze camera.

I agree, just pointing out that low-end cameras don’t have the optics of high-end cameras.

I install and maintain them and communications for several state entities, currently awaiting next contract if I win the bid.

Put the cost of a collar camera for the Bear in your bid, list it as an environmental accessory. Of course you will have to wrestle the bear down to put his collar on, add another $25.00 for that. I was a Project Manager at one time, contractors charge for every pencil then submit a Change order for another pencil
:rofl:

Bidding to the State of California the lowest bid wins, so overcharging usually does not play well when making a bid. Many contractors will bid…

I could write an 800 page report about “lowest bidder wins” here in the Bay area, usually the Russian contractors. They would get banned from bidding new jobs after their performance on the first job they won. They would close the Company, start a new one with different name and license but 98% of the people were the same. They would take turns listing who the owner was. :rofl: Give them a discount on the Bear Collar.

Late to the party but

the simplest explanation is that no, the picture is NOT out of focus at all. So the premise is wrong. It’s the same as wanting naked eye close-ups of astronauts on the moon. The resolution simply isn’t there.

Not only would a physical zoom lens help, but cameras should have higher resolution sensors than the current Wyze lineup in order to achieve this kind of feat. There are several threads here specific to "LPR* or License Plate Reading. Apparently a specialized field / pursuit.

Meanwhile, and very slightly to the contrary, I found this “detail from nothing” tale interesting:

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/shift-happens/issues/moire-no-more-688319

These days fly-by-night contractors are not even considered by the State of California. Most post to bids elaborate on requirements and not just any “Joe” can bid, A proven performance record is necessary and many bids are tossed out in the processing. Guess the State (DPAC) has learned from your Russian friends…

Maybe so but they did it for the 10 years I was there up to 2013 and they had to go through these guys.

https://www.dgs.ca.gov/DSA

1 Like

Good video, except he keeps saying he’s changing the focal length when what he’s really doing is changing the focus. Thanks!

It can be easily done, but it would cost well over thousand dollars my friend. You can’t have the cake and eat it all :rofl: :rofl: