Auto focus feature

You I’m wondering if it’s possible to add an “auto focus” feature to V3 cameras. When you zoom in on an object to get identifiable information such as the license plate of a suspicious vehicle or person, the picture becomes out of focus and the closer you zoom in the more out of focus the picture gets. It would be nice if when you zoom in the picture adjusts to give you the best resolution possible.

2 Likes

do you realize its a digital zoom?

1 Like

Don’t really care. I want to see an auto focus feature. It can easily be done.

1 Like

Focus has nothing to do with it. There is only so much digital image information. A digital zoom only means that the picture is blown up. You need an optical zoom to accomplish what you want to do.

4 Likes

enhance

3 Likes

Call it what you want. I still want a zoom

1 Like

To focus any better will require different hardware with optical zoom lens so it will not happen in any current versions of the camera. There is not enough information in the current image to zoom in and clean the image to be able to see any better.

1 Like

It is not like in the movies and TV shows, it is impossible what you ask because you are just enlarging the same picture you see zoomed out. As you digitally zoom in the pixels will just get bigger.

The Hollywood picture enhancements you see on TV and Movies are fiction, it cannot be done…

Adding an optical zoom on a future cam would be cool. I’ve vote for that feature. Might want to add it to the wish list!

Then you should continue to want it, if you want it.

People here were spending their time trying to help you understand, its highly unlikely Wyze will produce a auto focus version that does what you want it to do.

1 Like

I do have commercial cameras in stock that will do what the OP wants but there is a price for that…

Wireless Technologies Inc. WTI - Sidewinder/Viper PTZ

Features Include:

High definition 1080i/720p.
16:9 widescreen format.
0.05° preset repeatability accuracy.
Continuous 360° pan and tilt rotation.
 30X optical zoom lens.
Hydrophilic "self cleaning" glass window.
Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and DeFog modes
Electronic Image Stabilization mode
Optional camera enclosure pressurization.
ENG Option: Locks pan/tilt motion during vehicle travel.
OPTIONAL: H.264/MPEG-4/MJPEG video encoding.
Hybrid H.264/ Analog available.

It only costs 100 times more than a V3… :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, but can I attach it to an RC car and roll around my neighborhood zooming?

2 Likes

Yes but will have to be a Very Large R/C car to say the least… :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok, now we’re talkin’…

My request is a SUGGESTION. That means I’m offering my opinion for FUTURE development. You should be backing my wonderful idea instead of being an internet engineer.

WOW you have allot of useless time on your hands I see. Nobody even mentions the movies or television shows. This is on an entire different level. Appreciate the suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you for agreeing. I did add it to the wish list. Have a great day my friend.

1 Like

There are many #wishlist topics that involve an optical zoom or better focus on things like license plates, you could go vote for any that match your idea or if you feel your idea is different you can make your own #wishlist post that people can vote on.

3 Likes

Thank you dude you’re input. It’s appreciated!

1 Like

People still say “Dude” ?? I’m 70 and haven’t heard that used since the 1970"s :rofl: