Authenticating (2/3), Connection failed (error code 50)

I purchased 8 Wyzecam v2’s. Seven work flawlessly. One does not.

Would receive “Authenticating (2/3)” message and never complete the connection. Results in “Connection failed (error code 50)”.

Tried power cycling camera. Would work for a day or so and then repeat the same error messages. After a dozen times power cycling the camera, I’ve had enough.

Thankfully, I purchased a few through Amazon and they will send a new one and I will send the defective one back at no charge.

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

You might want to give it a try before returning the camera to Amazon.

RickO:

Tried everything on that guide. Still had the problem on only one of the 8 cameras.

You can try to troubleshoot the camera when you receive it back from Amazon. :wink:

I’m going to plug in the new camera I get from Amazon and go from there.

1 Like

i’m having same issue…spend nearly 1 hr on chat yesterday…another one today…i did everything…still [Authenticating (2/3)]…going to return mine to homedepot …90 return policy. If i been to this forum early…i would not purchase this item. bough 2 …both have different issues. :frowning:

Just got my first wyze2 cam yesterday and had this problem. I thought it was because my router sends out both 2ghz and 5ghz wifi signals but that was not the issue. I have my camera literally 15 feet from my router. It did eventually connect and seemed like it may had something do to with being able to first successfully update the firmware so for anyone having this issue I would try doing the firmware update asap and then try connecting some more. Mine took about 5 times.