Audio out of sync

Unfortunately this is what is happening for everyone. The company has been trying to fix this for more than a year without much success.

If you are using VLC to watch the videos, pressing the J key while you are watching will advance the audio a bit and pressing the K key will do the opposite. You will have to do this multiple times.

I donā€™t think they can fix this stupid problem. What is the best similar alternative for buying nowadays? Thanks

Do you know if we need a different type of SD card for it to work? Listening to the live stream there is no 5 second fall off of audio, but there is in the playback. it sucks because there could be critical information in that 5 seconds. does this happen only on the app? I havenā€™t checked on the website version.

Any suggestions?

I too am experiencing the delay, with the audio being ahead of the video 2 seconds. It is random but most videos have the delay. I have 6 units of the V2 cameras and since these are faulty units, I request Wyze to please either fix this issue or replace our V2 cams with their new camera V3 (which presumably will not present this fault) whenever this is released.

1 Like

Iā€™ve JUST noticed with a RECENT UPDATE, I now see this new issue. The noise happens BEFORE the event causing it.

Iā€™ve ALWAYS had a playback issue where audio is MISSING from the 53 second mark until the 00 (zero zero - top of minute) mark - yes, for EVERY minute of video, the last seven seconds does not have audio.

But this audio delay issue is new - probably the last update (at v2.10.33 now , f/w at 4.9.5.111).

For exampleā€¦ a playback of my wife closing the back door as she steps outside. I hear the bang of the door, and two seconds later, I see the door shut on video. So the audio is AHEAD of the video.

I believe missing sound may be when data is transferred to the SD card. However, I have also found the sound delay/advance changes each time you review the video from the card. So probably due from a recent update, This has been going on for awhile.

I too hope something can be done to fix this issue. As near as I can tell it affects everyone, except maybe when viewing the 12-second cloud clips.

1 Like

Another person with audio ahead of video (offset delay). We needed to pull recording for recent event, the offset made it difficult to figure out what was happening. Why is WYZE not addressing this? Was going to order more cameras, might be time to look for alternative manufacturer if they canā€™t solve basic functions like audio and video alignment.

What amazes me is that a Chinese cam that my niece bought on amazon is able to record video and audio in sync and even live view and remote record in sync but wyze canā€™t seem to figure a way to get this working. Obviously your encoding is flawed. There are times you think you are on the right track but but have to scrap it all. This is one of those times. Use a codec that records both together and be done with it. And to pile on the recent firmware update has added a delay to my user inputs for pan and tilt. It takes for ever to get the camera to move. It sucks. You are infuriating your user base with this false back and forth. Im done with wyze. Iā€™ve never posted but Iā€™ve been following this thread for a year now. Iā€™m done. To everyone who asks me about wyze I say stay away.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

It is certainly disconcerting why the audio-video sync issue persists, whilst Wyze continues to develop and release other products. It makes one wonder whether they can get the other products right. But this issue is just one of several: how about the impossibility to access the file system of the microSd card in order to DOWNLOAD all the footage one wants to review and process it locally with more powerful video computing tools, or the lack of multi-detection areas or fine tuning to avoid incessant detection of what is not needed. For those customers who have installed their cameras in remote or difficult to access locations there is no way to download the footage, let alone the time-lapse recordings. It is incredibly frustrating. The audio quality is also in the lower end of the market, and whatever the persons appearing on the footage may be saying it is generally impossible to discern.

haha, thanks for that rage post :slight_smile: It is unbelievable that a legitimate company can spend two years trying to fix an issue as basic as this and not be able to achieve it. A friend of mine just bought a different model Wyze cam and his has no issue. How is it that they canā€™t replicate the solution to all of their products?

Which model doesnā€™t have this issue? Iā€™m using V1 and V2 but seems both have the same issue

Thanks

A friend of mine bought the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless camera and that doesnā€™t have any issues. I donā€™t understand how the company can produce one camera that works fine and another model that they canā€™t get to work

I think your friend will find only the 12-second cloud clips are in sync. Live stream, playback from SD card, save of playback to your device from SD card, and SD card in a PC ā€“ all will probably have audio sync issues. I donā€™t know what happened to the original effort to fix this that was outlined in post #33 above (#36 if you link to it). @ArthurH?

1 Like

Guys, the 12-sec clips are also out of sync FYI. This is a major issue as it has been previously reported by many on this thread.

When playing back from SD card on Android app, I noticed the sound track delay about 15-20 seconds. The 12 second clip on cloud seems to sync fine. Not sure about real-time viewing.

Wifi streanth has 3 bars.

Device is WYZE CAM V2, firmware version is 4.9.5.111 (latest as of 5/17/2020).

Should I file a ticket?

Same problem, Audio out of sync. audio actually csptured40-45 sec ahead of actually video but pasted to start with video 40 sec later.

Does Wyze capture Aydio and video in two separate stream and then paste them together?

.80 app and .111 firmware v2

My Wyze Cam V2s have never recorded audio correctly.

Audio is always out of sync by a random amount between 0.5 seconds and 3 seconds in the recorded .mp4 files on the SD card.

Firmware version is 4.9.5.111.

This problem has persisted for years. Could it please be fixed as soon as possible?

Iā€™ve been using Wyzecams since it first came out. The issue has always been there and sadly I have learned to live with it. But here and there when I do have to go back and listen to a recording it is concerning that this issue is still clearly there.

A lot has been done since the original wyzecam started; v2 came out, pan cam came out, you guys added and removed free person detection, wyze bulb, sense, lock, band, wyze scale, and so on. I have all of these products and have been backing and supporting Wyze since then but what originally got me excited about Wyze was the camera - I still use it, I still enjoy it.

But again, this issue being left unnoticed for so long just shows that the camera is no longer a priority and has become a thought in the back of the head. And yes, I say unnoticed because just talking about it and not giving real feedback of when it will be addressed shows that the end-user has to be reminding you consistently for over a year that this is a problem.

This is the main reason I havenā€™t upgraded my v1 cams - Iā€™ve lost faith on the wyze cameras. You gained me over with the cameras - and have been releasing great products - but now with those new products I get to wonder; how long until those productsā€™ features get forgotten like the camera features? Should I purchase or go another route?

Iā€™d say theyā€™re positioning for a buyout.