Audio out of sync

We (the forum moderators) merge threads all of the time, but being part-time volunteers, we don’t catch them all. But thank you for the observation, we’ll try to do better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Months later there still isn’t a hint of a fix. I tried working with Wyze getting this fixed. All I got was a run around and bs responses. At least Wyze is consistent, still run around and bs. Go ahead block my account again for speaking up. Some will see this and word spreads little by little.

@davidjaybush, accounts aren’t suspended or silenced for “speaking up.” They are acted on when people break Community Guidelines.

For everyone here, I poked the devs about this again and we apologize for the delays. I’ll also talk to the team about how we handle reports like this in the future.

1 Like

I initially purchased 2 wyze cams from amazon to test them out. They seemed fine so I ordered 22 more along with 24 sd cards. After installing the 32gb sd cards in all of them and placing them through my warehouse, upon review of a days recordings all cameras audio is between 15-35 seconds out of sync. One camera was more than 2 minutes off on audio. Audio always behind. This appears only with sd card playback. 12 second cloud recordings appear to be perfectly fine. Is this something that is being immediately looked into and rectified? I spent over $600 on the cameras and $200 plus in SD cards. I have 25 more days to return these cameras but would rather not but it’s definitely a deal breaker for me. Also one of the cameras I bought (the first one) didn’t have the second box included with the mount and usb cable and adapter.

Ok . You said you poked the devs about this but didn’t say what they said. Apologies we appreciate, results we desire.

Recap of some of the posts. 1. Can get different vid/audio sink from recording playback each time recording the same portion of video: 2. Files on SD card not out of sync. 3 Assumption, when recording playback it’s not recording the SD files but the actual playback. 4. Assumption since files on SD card are in sync, must be issue with wifi signals from cam to router and/or from router to phone. (Never seen any vid/audio sync problems on phone for the years I’ve used phone so I’m guessing the cam has a problem sending signals to router)

Can we get a resolution please. Or if you aren’t going to fix or can’t fix just tell us.

Mine must be recording out of sync. All 24 cameras. Some 15-30 seconds. A couple by minutes. Playing the card in an computer on VLC or another player results in the same thing. They were recorded this way. I still have a couple
Of weeks until my return policy is up and then will be returning all of them.

Again the 12 second cloud recordings are always in sync. Only the SD card recordings. I’ve tried 4 different brands. SanDisk, SP, Samsung and Kingston. Also different size variations… 8gb, 16gb, 32gb. All formatted using the camera. When problem persisted I formatted on the computer and then when problems remained the same
I formatted using a SanDisk utility. Audio still off by at least 15 seconds and up to 2 minutes on cameras. I bought 24 for my warehouse but may end up just going with another brand. I need the audio to be at least within a half second and even that is kind of unacceptable. It needs to be only off by a tenth or 2/10ths of a second. That would be good.

Ok away and see what the response is.

1 Like

I will agree with davidjaybush : “Apologies we appreciate, results we desire.” It has been 8 months since the begin of this post. We all need an answer…are they able or not to fix the issue?

All Wyze V2 cams I bought have this issue. No matter the environment (work, home), no matter the SD card brand name, no matter what video resolution, no matter which router (Dlink, Ubiquiti)…I have tried all possibilities and no change.

1 Like

Well, this is disappointing. I just got a V2 yesterday, thinking I’d buying several more next week and a couple Pans. Then I discovered audio delay of at least a minute on playback and recordings from playback. Now that I see how long this issue has plagued others in this thread without resolution, I’m reconsidering my purchase.

I was told that we’re still collecting information but that we don’t have a fix ready for testing yet. I apologize for the delay on this. If you’re running into this problem, please contact @ArthurH at hzuo@wyze.com with the MAC address of your Wyze Cam that isn’t syncing properly.

Hopefully, this issue can get resolved soon! That’s the one main problem with the wyzecams.

Anybody have audio sync issues playing back from an SD card? I getting intermittent audio sync issues (usually 10 sec audio lag).

I’m using a Samsung 32gb fat32 class 10 card.

First time I tried playing back from the SD card on both my V2 cameras was this morning. On one, the audio and video were in sync. On the other camera, the audio and video started in sync, but the video ran fast so at the end of the minute, the audio and video were almost 15 seconds out of sync. It was weird watching the time display on the video advance faster than real time, and then freeze for the last 13 seconds of the playback.

K6

I watched the same video clip multiple times and it varies…sometimes in sync and then goes out, then the next time, it’s totally out. I experienced the same thing with the video speeding up…it’s definitely not fluid! Useable, not optimal.

Have you guys contacted support about this issue? If so, what did they say?

Five months later and the problem still persists. I’ve had this happen multiple times.

Eight months later and the problem still persists.

Here I am, almost a year later, and still experiencing a long delay. I have 175GB download speed (verified on speed test sites) and with the internet shut off to all other devices, I’m still getting a significant delay in audio.

I was still having the issue as well. They are spending all their time on adding person detection which doesn’t even work that great and not on fixing the existing BASIC features like audio recording!! I returned all 24 of my cameras. I’ll periodically check back to see if this has been fixed but for now I guess I’m on the hunt for another brand.

1 Like

I gave all the info requested. Another month has gone by. Has there been progress with video/audio sync?

I got excited to try this wyze cam out after seeing 10000 great reviews on amazon. It came in the mail today and upon unboxing-setup-livestream video, I noticed the audio lag and immediately googled to this page. Looks like all effort to resolve the audio lag issue has been futile and top secret for several months.

Reboxing it to return now. $19.99 really was too good to be true. Seems like Wyze will have a harder time getting into bigger market space with a defective product like this. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.