Audio Hub extension (Keypad Audio) for Wyze Home Security

I’s like a portable audio extension so that I can hear the notifications from the hub in a different room.
The hub is located near the router for obvious reasons but that is far away from the entrance and the keypad. If the keypad had audio, that would also solve the problem. Thanks.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Very good idea @bob3160!
Welcome to the Wyze community - and don’t forget to vote for your own idea!

1 Like

I would also love this feature. I have sensors and a keypad in my garage, however the hub is in the main house. I feel it’s only a matter of time before someone arrives home in the garage, and forgets to disable the alarm right away.

As the original wishlist said, this would be solved by a separate product, or simply having the keypad beep when an entry timer is triggered.

I think I’ll have to disable my live monitoring until this feature is added, as the risk of false alarm is just too high. No point continuing to pay for something I don’t use either - too bad my 1 free year of monitoring is ticking down when I can’t use it.

1 Like

I was shocked to find out the keypad did not have an audio alert when the alarm is triggered.

I found that it does have a spoken “alarm triggered, enter code in keypad” type message, but this is so easy to miss. For example I might open my garage way before I’m within range to hear it, and forget about the alarm entirely.

1 Like

So I have been using the home monitoring for a week or so now and noticed that the hub is to far away from my door for me to hear what it is saying. The keypad already has a speaker in it and it would be great if it was used for this purpose. For example when you go to arm the alarm and a sensor is open it says something like “arming with open sensor”. That is something that I want to make sure I hear! It would also be great if it told you what sensor is open. Additionally, I would also like the keypad to make the alarm sound if the alarm is triggered, it would make it louder for others to hear.

1 Like

I totally agree and feel same way. I LOVE the system thus far, but with 2 boys I can see them forgetting to disarm the alarm when entering from garage if there isnt a reminder in the garage repeating message to enter pin/disarm.
If the keypad could have audio and repeat this notice during countdown problem solved.