Audio Hub extension (e.g., Keypad Audio) for Wyze Home Security

I’s like a portable audio extension so that I can hear the notifications from the hub in a different room.
The hub is located near the router for obvious reasons but that is far away from the entrance and the keypad. If the keypad had audio, that would also solve the problem. Thanks.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Very good idea @bob3160!
Welcome to the Wyze community - and don’t forget to vote for your own idea!

2 Likes

I would also love this feature. I have sensors and a keypad in my garage, however the hub is in the main house. I feel it’s only a matter of time before someone arrives home in the garage, and forgets to disable the alarm right away.

As the original wishlist said, this would be solved by a separate product, or simply having the keypad beep when an entry timer is triggered.

I think I’ll have to disable my live monitoring until this feature is added, as the risk of false alarm is just too high. No point continuing to pay for something I don’t use either - too bad my 1 free year of monitoring is ticking down when I can’t use it.

6 Likes

I was shocked to find out the keypad did not have an audio alert when the alarm is triggered.

2 Likes

I found that it does have a spoken “alarm triggered, enter code in keypad” type message, but this is so easy to miss. For example I might open my garage way before I’m within range to hear it, and forget about the alarm entirely.

3 Likes

So I have been using the home monitoring for a week or so now and noticed that the hub is to far away from my door for me to hear what it is saying. The keypad already has a speaker in it and it would be great if it was used for this purpose. For example when you go to arm the alarm and a sensor is open it says something like “arming with open sensor”. That is something that I want to make sure I hear! It would also be great if it told you what sensor is open. Additionally, I would also like the keypad to make the alarm sound if the alarm is triggered, it would make it louder for others to hear.

4 Likes

I totally agree and feel same way. I LOVE the system thus far, but with 2 boys I can see them forgetting to disarm the alarm when entering from garage if there isnt a reminder in the garage repeating message to enter pin/disarm.
If the keypad could have audio and repeat this notice during countdown problem solved.

4 Likes

I’m a heavy sleeper and my hub is downstairs. It’s hit or miss whether I would hear it in an actual event. A separate audio extender that you could place in any location, such as a nightstand, would guarantee to wake me up.

2 Likes

Sleeping upstairs it is head to hear the alarm go off. We need an additional speaker for different rooms than the base is in. Shouldn’t be hard to create.

2 Likes

Agree with all posters. It would be a great improvement if the keypad audio would provide —

Pings as entry delay counts down
Alarm siren whenever base station is also in alarm - press “X” on keypad to silence that local siren (but not cancel the alarm or disarm the system) — might need it to be quiet when Noonlight calls or to call 911.
Notification of any open entry sensors or motion-detected motion sensors when arming for HOME or AWAY.

Additionally, add these capabilities as integrations with ALEXA or other smart speakers.

2 Likes

Should be just like the doorbell Chime, just tied to the HMS, or maybe make it possible to tie both doorbell and HMS to the same Chime.

2 Likes

This feature would help false alarms when your wife doesn’t realize you set the alarm, comes home, opens the detached side garage door and does not go directly inside and instead is greeted by the police expecting a break in.

1 Like

Audio Extension for Home Monitoring Sense Hub

I want to be able to extend the audio output for the Sense Hub like the wyze doorbell speaker. So when a door with the entry sensor is triggered that speaker would beep. Maybe even have the audio say Front Door, Back Door, Side Door, etc. The Sense Hub audio is not loud enough to hear the beep at the current moment when a door is opened.

3 Likes

Yes! Integrating a chime into the home monitoring system to extend the alarm range is a must have. We have had false alarms due to our kids opening doors when the alarm is set, but we never heard the alarm go off in our part of the house in time to disable it. Adding a chime feature would increase the protection proved by the security system as well. If our alarm goes off in the middle of the night, we can’t hear it from our bedroom!

2 Likes

wyze pad alarm set off, beep and/or message

What I am wishing is that the pad, beside saying the common 3 key words( home, away, or system disarmed) to beep or repeat the phrase, “alarm was set off” or "beep beep beep Alarm, door was opened beep beep beep " or just a plain “beep beep” for 10 seconds when the alarm is set off. This may seem as an odd feature but my wyze base is all the way to the other side of the house and we never hear it when the back door and the door that goes into the garage are opened but we can hear the pad mentioning that the state of the alarm was changed. Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Connection to additional speaker

Since I have the hub in the center of my home it would be nice to be able to additional speakers so I could hear the tones once I go to bed. Can’t hear it in my bedroom.

1 Like

2 updates ago the volume output was cut, the last update increased volume but the high setting is still lower than it was originally. That is part of the problem. But additional speakers are needed, especially for larger houses or people with detached garages.

Also don’t try to reset your monitoring service to fix the hub volume, you may get an unfixable white screen of death on the monitoring app where you can’t access any of the controls.

1 Like

Home Monitor multiple speakers

I am looking to add another speaker to duplicate what the HUB alarms on. We can not hear the hub in parts of the house, and would like to have the alarm there as well. How can we accomplish this?

2 Likes

Agreed, I have been wanting this for a while. I was hoping with the new version of hardware it would be offered. The doorbell even seems louder than the Hub alarm speaker.

2 Likes

I asked for a louder notification over a year ago. I’m still waiting.

2 Likes