AppleTV app

This would be a game-changer. Please add this functionality.

1 Like

Many (even budget) surveillance / camera systems offer a way to show multiple cameras (indoor, outdoor, door bell – possibly even device data like the current location map on the vacuum) on a single screen (TV) – ideally without additional Alexa or Google or whatever hardware / software. I would assume an Apple TV, Caste, or other (small and non-intrusive) device ahead of the TV may be required, but a simple, low-cost, LOW integration with other services would allow for a really utilize the cams from (hey – look who is outside) to a more elegant surveillance system. It would be low development and engineering cost too.

Perhaps something that uses the existing WI-FI base as a concentrator and you plug in a Wyze Wi-Fi device into the TV HDMI port. I’m getting excited just typing this simple request out!

My 2 cents.

B

I would be happy to pay for an Apple TV app. Let me choose which camera to watch in each of 4 up display, perhaps allow each panel to rotate through a list of cameras ( I have more than 4), And let me full screen a single camera. Bonus feature, auto display cameras with motion.

3 Likes

I would love one too, but don’t hold your breath. The company doesn’t appear to put iPadOS updates (i.e. landscape orientation throughout the app) very high on their list of priorities, let alone tvOS.

I think for me personally is that I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING ANY MORE WYZE CAMERAS until the ability to display on my AppleTV becomes a reality. WYZE needs to be a leader on this and this will ultimately sell more CAMERAS.

In fact, I would even say that I would buy a VERSION “NEW” camera that only supports this option and upgrade my existing batch of cameras.

Also, if this is something I need to subscribe to CamPlus to use, I WILL NOT BE DOING SO. I bought Wyze cams because I wanted to be free from monthly subscriptions. Just give me an Apple TV app (and a desktop app) that lets me view one camera at a time and I’ll be happy.

Look, I know you want to make money and CamPlus seems like the latest Cash Cow, but it’s not something I will ever pay for. If it ends up becoming obtrusive and obnoxious, I’ll likely move to another platform and eventually replace my Wyze products.

Yes! This needs to happen ASAP!

I appreciate the sentiment, but … given that iPad (and Android tablet) users have been waiting for app-wide Landscape support for 3+ years, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Wyze not terribly interested in adding support for Apple devices (HomeKit, landscape mode, etc.).

oooh yes please!!
With the amazon fire stick and the free 3rd party software you can install the wyze app.

Yes Appletv app with multi view support would be great!