App won’t send notification anymore [Moved]

This seems to be more than a little bug, hopefully someone at WC is reading this and will respond

Exactly what Brand Name of Phone do you have? Pixel, Samsung, IPhone, etc.?

Pixel XL

If uour Phone, especially a Pixel, isn’t getting notifications when you do not have the app opened since the last software/firmware update I found out how to fix it. I don’t know if it’ll be permanent so only time will tell. I don’t know exactly why this fixes it however it did & that’s all that count…and now the FIX…
Go into Settings-Battery-tap the 3 dots menu opener in the upper-right hand corner and choose Battery Optimization. Once it opens up click the drop down arrow on the right and change Not Optimized to All Apps. Then scroll down to the Wyze, App, click on it and choose Don’t Optimize and hit OK. You may sign back into Wyze if you wish/need be but from this point on your problems should be fixed. Let’s just cross our fingers that it’s a permanent fix. Hopefully this won’t have to be the case in future updates from Wyze, and I did address them about this but until/if then then at least this seems to have done the trick…again, for now at least!!

<p class=“MsoNormal”>If uour Phone, especially a Pixel, isn’t getting notifications when you do not have the app opened since the last software/firmware update I found out how to fix it. I don’t know if it’ll be permanent so only time will tell. I don’t know exactly why this fixes it however it did & that’s all that count…and now the FIX…</p>
<p class=“MsoNormal”>Go into Settings-Battery-tap the 3 dots menu opener in the upper-right hand corner and choose Battery Optimization.<span style=“mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Once it opens up click the drop down arrow on the right and change Not Optimized to All Apps. Then scroll down to the Wyze, App, click on it and choose Don’t Optimize and hit OK. You may sign back into Wyze if you wish/need be but from this point on your problems should be fixed. Let’s just cross our fingers that it’s a permanent fix. Hopefully this won’t have to be the case in future updates from Wyze, and I did address them about this but until/if then then at least this seems to have done the trick…again, for now at least!!</p>

<p class=“MsoNormal”>If uour Phone, especially a Pixel, isn’t getting notifications when you do not have the app opened since the last software/firmware update I found out how to fix it. I don’t know if it’ll be permanent so only time will tell. I don’t know exactly why this fixes it however it did & that’s all that count…and now the FIX…</p>
<p class=“MsoNormal”>Go into Settings-Battery-tap the 3 dots menu opener in the upper-right hand corner and choose Battery Optimization.<span style=“mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Once it opens up click the drop down arrow on the right and change Not Optimized to All Apps. Then scroll down to the Wyze, App, click on it and choose Don’t Optimize and hit OK. You may sign back into Wyze if you wish/need be but from this point on your problems should be fixed. Let’s just cross our fingers that it’s a permanent fix. Hopefully this won’t have to be the case in future updates from Wyze, and I did address them about this but until/if then then at least this seems to have done the trick…again, for now at least!!</p>

I’ll give this a shot and report back. Thanks!

It worked!!! I also was sent an article on it. The feature is called “Doze mode”. Your way is the way they discussed.

https://www.greenbot.com/article/2993199/android/how-to-turn-off-doze-mode-for-specific-apps-in-android-marshmallow.html

You’re welcome and I’m glad it worked for you however there was one thing I noticed this Friday night about it that I’ll share with you.

The only issue with shutting off battery optimization specifically for Wyzecam is that if you ever have to restart your phone, once your phone is back up and running, you will stop getting the push notifications. Battery Optimization will still be off so in order to remedy the issue, all you have to do after your phone restarts and is ready to go is to just open up Wyzecam App…that’s it. You don’t have to go into Livestream nor log out and back into the app. Just tap the icon to open up the app and then you can back out of it/or go back to your homescreen and all should be fine until your phone ever restarts or gets shut off again.

So as long as this works it’s great but this is obviously only a Band-Aid and NOT a permanent fix. A permanent fix would mean it would work just like it did before the update w/o us having to do anything special. We shouldn’t have to shut off battery optimization nor should we have to always remember that if our phone was restarted or turned off that we have to go back into the app, even for just s second to get constant and consistent push notifications. Hopefully Wyzecam will remedy this situation once and for all but I did my due diligence and was able to help and share my wisdom…Pay It Forward!!

I had same issue. Logging out and back in didn’t help.
Neither did disabling battery optimization alone.
Nor did restarting the camera alone.

Here is what DID fix the issue:

Logged out of app, Went into Application settings -> Storage -> Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Unplugged the camera and waited a few minutes. Then plugged back in. Waited until camera was fully started and running.

Logged back in to app.

I am now getting the push notifications again.

Frustratingly, the app has stopped sending notifications again. Battery Optimization is still off, the app settings have not changed. It just… stopped sending notifications again.

Annoying! @Wyzecam needs to fix this.

Same problem here. No, logging out and back in doesn’t solve the problem. I love the app and the product but this could / should have been identified / resolved as an issue long ago.

I have postponed the purchase of 5-10 more Wyzecams until these issues are resolved. (Outside if this issue I absolutely LOVE the product!)

Downloaded the beta but frustration has been building for weeks… I finally found time to research the issue and find out other have been battling it for several months as well. I hope this is a high (highest) priority for the company.

All you have to do is go into your battery settings and shut battery optimization off for Wyzecam, done.

If you ever restart or shut off your phone just go back into the App and then back out of it or hit home.

Not true. I just realized this has been happening to me, and none of the suggestions above help. Clearly something changed on an update for Android users, my girlfriend has ios and has no issues. There are no push notifications anymore, and there was never an issue until now.

They need to address this, I’ve searched all over and no one from wyze has said that they’re looking into it or have a timeline for a fix. Since this is a crucial functionality for the app they need to address it ASAP. I recommended wyze to too many people for an issue like this to go unaddressed.

This is still a problem for me. Would love to see a fix soon.

This did it for me!
Just get frustrated and cry a little; maybe the universe will have some pity on you. I think that’s why mine started to work.

It isn’t working again! this is incredible!

Is there a comparable product to the wyze cam that can actually send you notifications? I think I am at the end of my rope with this.

I was going to buy a few more of these but can’t justify the purchase because they’re unable to solve this relatively simple issue.

Is anyone having success? Pixel 2 user here.

For $20? Probably not. Def an Android issue, as the wife’s iPhone is working but my LG V30 isn’t. Users on the beta report that the issue is fixed there, I have applied to get the beta build.

Frustrating? A bit. But I bought into a $20 product to try it out, and there’s a lot of good things happening here. One thing that might help since it seems like you have some insight (going off of your “relatively simply issue” statement and assuming you have development experience) is to pull some logs using ADB to see if we start to help diagnose and see what could be causing the block.

Hi, since I’m the guy who didn’t promote a security camera for sale I will elect not to do that work. No one invents a product only to defer to their clients when technical support is necessary.

When you come out with a product, a tech product specifically, the company must anticipate issues, bugs, and the need for customer support. It’s not my job to do that for them because the price point of their camera is 20 dollars. When you also consider that they did not design the camera, only the software (which is faulty, not the camera), it’s not beyond my expectations to have them address these issues. I’m not even looking for a fix, a response from someone would be nice.

I am sorry that they are a “small” company, but I am a client. I am not someone being paid to test a product by them. If they do not fix this in a timely manner, me and the rest of the “normal people who buy things and expect them to work correctly” crowd will have moved on.

I concede some of your points. It should indeed work, it would indeed be nice to see a response. In looking through the forums I have seen users state that they have gotten an email back from support saying that the issue is addressed in a later update, but that update is delayed as they are planning on pushing a large amount of bug fixes. Not ideal, I know.

Where I tend to disagree a bit is your statement that this is a “relatively simple fix.” We really have no idea how simple or not simple it is. My suggestion on grabbing ADB logs wasn’t targeted at getting you to do their work as a client, but to be a participant in the process of perhaps speeding things up. But, I do get it. People are busy! Hopefully the vitriol on the forums will get someone to respond. That seems to work on Facebook.