App Version 2.13, Wyze Cam Outdoor Camera and Base Station, and Wyze Band Firmware Released - 9/9/20

When I open the app it hangs in this screen for a brief moment then it populates with my gear. The old version just went straight into displaying my stuff and never had the add devices button hang. App 2.13.118, Android 10, Pixel 3.

2 Likes

Mine is doing the same thing. Didnā€™t do it on the last app version. It slowly loads after few secs. Android 9 LG.

2 Likes

About 1/2 sec on LG android 10ā€¦
Scary to see at first ā€¦hope it keeps loading my Wyze devices. Lol

Day 6: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: error 20015. No news from @WyzeBin. A chance that when this is happening, I only have to click refresh.

Another bug I have found with this update is when I go in playback, it is happening frequently that the cams freeze and reboot by themselves. It happens randomly in my 11 cams.

@UserCustomerGwen

The iPhone of my wife didnā€™t have this problem until she updated 2 days ago. The same problem with my iPad. If someone knows how to not update an application in iOS, please let me know. When they will fix these issues, I will update only my wifeā€™s phones to see if they donā€™t broke something.

I am two versions behind for that reason.
I am on Android.
It is frustration for IOS users.

Dear user,

Sorry for not sending an update to you. We fixed the issue and tried to test the solution internal. I will give you an internal test app version later, I hope you can help us test it.

Thanks
Bin

3 Likes

Fwiw ā€¦ fortunately, neither my wife (iPhone and iPad) nor I (iPad Pro) have experienced this problem. Details of our devices below:

iPhone 8 Plus
iOS 13.7
Wyze app V2.13.21

iPad 7
iPadOS 13.7
Wyze app V2.13.21

iPad Pro 9.7" (2016)
iPadOS 13.7
WyzeBeta app V2.13.16

Six v2 cameras with 4.9.6.174 firmware. One outdoor camera with 4.17.0.159 firmware

I think your other question is about iOS app updates. I have always kept ā€œauto updateā€ for apps turned off in Settings. Instead, I manually select either ā€œUpdate Allā€ when update(s) are available or perform updates individually.

1 Like

What version will the new (fixed) app be, and will it be for both iOS and iPadOS? Ref. my reply just above. Why havenā€™t my wife and I experienced this problem?

Are you on a beta channel of updates for V2s?

My V2s are .156

Outdoors are the same

Affirmative

The first picture is for the phone software, I think.

The second picture is for applications updates, When Ā« mises Ć  jours Ā» is on, it will update the applications auto. Off, I will have to do manually. Is my understanding correct? Thank you for your answersšŸ™‚

I will test it for sure. However, I am not part of the beta test team. I will register if I have to. Thanks for your reply! Very appreciated!:slightly_smiling_face:

I believe thatā€™s correct. There are many articles that cover this, but hereā€™s one I just stumbled upon.

Edit: I see that youā€™re not yet running iOS 13 ā€¦ you might try searching the internet for how you control automatic versus manual updates when running iOS 12

How to update iPhone apps on iOS 13 manually, or set them to update automatically when new versions are released

1 Like

This problem comes from the update, for sure. The odd thing about Wyze stuff, only cams for me, is that often a fix works for one and not for another. Since the update that fixed the grouping issues about 2 months ago everything was working fine. However, when browsing the forum, we quickly realize that there are several with problems like 360-SD-HD.:thinking:

@WyzeBin Maybe he can give us more info on my current problem and why not all iOS are affected. For my part, I have two groups for my cameras. The first for outdoor cameras which contains 4 and the second for indoor which contains 7.

1 Like

The issue I have, seems to be on iOS @Seapup has iOS and android and he said he cannot reproduce this error on android. On the other hand, it is present on iOS.

Whatā€™s weird is that Iā€™m the only one with @Seapup on the forum who reported this error. It may have been reported to support, I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely a bug in the iOS version of the Wyze app. Iā€™ve tested this over 4 iPhones running 3 flavors of iOSā€¦ all the same problem. I have 3 versions of Android over many devices and have not been able to reproduce this for the Android version of the app. Iā€™ve seen a few other iOS users complain about this error over the past week, but donā€™t know where those posts are. Iā€™ll be sure to submit a log from a few iOS versions late this evening when I get home.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 6 plus. It doesnā€™t support iOS13. My iPad is on iOS13. Iā€™m gonna check your link. Thanks a lot.

In my beginning, I used iTunes. With this software we had the option to install another application version if we had it in a backup. I donā€™t know if it is working anymore. With the cloud, it is easier but we cannot install a previous application like iTunes.

1 Like

Are you in the beta tester team?

No. :thinking: