App Version 1.2 and New Firmware Released!

I have 2 cameras and have tried twice on both to install 3.9.2.30. They both failed to install both times.

Now one camera will not connect at all. I can’t see any picture on that camera and get the following error message: Connection failed (-90)

Just finally got one camera to update after about 4 times. But still can’t connect to the other camera.

Do I need to delete this camera and reinstall it?

I posted in another section as well; I have the same issue with my iphone.

I’m having the same symptoms on 1 of my 6 WyzeCams when I upgraded to this new firmware version.

I tried deleting the camera and reinstalling it but it won’t complete the new setup attempt.

I contacted support yesterday but have not heard anything.

There appears to be a major issue/bug with notifications and the uploading of videos… See this thread
https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/notifications-and-recorded-clips/

Basically at this point, using them as a security system and relying on the alerts/notifications is broken.

Even though I thanked the Wyze developers in an earlier comment for the addition of screen rotation support in the iOS app, I completely agree with @chrischram above … there are a LOT of Wyze cam owners who are running the app on iPads and like me, need for the entire app to work in landscape mode. Confirmation that this is either in-progress or a priority in the queue would be most appreciated. Long story, but a physical disability prevents me from using an iPhone. Having to constantly rotate my iPad (which is in a case and used almost exclusively in landscape mode) in order to see the app’s camera snapshots, menu items, etc. is really quite cumbersome. The V1.2.60 update is certainly a step in the right direction, but full landscape support is what’s really needed. Thanks! :wink:

I haven’t been able to connect my camera since the update yesterday!

since the firmware update and app update I’m having so many problems. I cant load the notification motion detection videos in the app. I have two cams and one of them wont connect anymore since I loaded the new firmware. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still wont load

After not having push notifications on my iphone most of yesterday, they returned this morning with a vengeance but now…poof all gone

I am having the same issues! Had no problems before the update. Please help!

I am happy to report that I got my camera working and update installed.

I deleted the camera and then reinstalled it. I then did the firmware update which worked on the first time around this time.

Emailed support: I attempted a firmware update that apparently failed. I can no longer connect to the camera. The LED blinks alternating blue/yellow.Tried power cycling it, hard reset, deleted the cam from list of devices and then tried to add it back but that doesn’t work.

Got this reply: Thanks for contacting WyzeCam Customer Support. We have received your request and Support Ticket #23706 has been created. A member of our team will review your request and get back to you. If your question or issue has already been answered or resolved, please disregard this email. To add additional notes or questions to this ticket, please reply to this email. Thanks,The WyzeCam Support Team.

Tried everything under the sun; no success. Have heard nothing from support. Is anyone out there?

I’m having the same problem with the update. 3 out of 3 will no longer connect and THE LED flashes blue/yellow. I tried power cycling and a reset with no success. :frowning:

Can’t wait to get back online.

I was having the same problem. After several tries, I couldn’t get any connection with my cam.

Here’s what worked.

I deleted that camera on my app. I then unplugged the camera and plugged it back in again. I then reinstalled it per WyzeCam instructions.

Once installed, it was working again. It then asked if I wanted to do the update. I then installed the update the first time around without any problems.

After reinstalling and doing the update, camera works great.

Ever since the update I havent been able to view a time lapse video. It keeps saying that my phone has to be on the same network which it is is. Also, when I try to share the time lapse video it crashes the app… Am I the only one?

I tried all of that on one camera to no avail, BUT on a whim I decided to unplug the cameras and then reboot my router and now all is well. I didn’t even have to reinstall the other cameras they reconnected on their own after the router reboot and once I plugged them back in.

3 second increments for video updates - constant streaming no longer an option? Seems like a step backwards.

I would really like to se a web/Windows 10 interface so I can keep cameras up on PC or smart tv.

I am having issues with my Cams as well. Before the update, camera was working just fine. So I bought another one, updated the firmware & now none work. I have tried everything to no avail. my first camera it not even reading the QR code.

Android 7.1.1
Wyze app 1.2.50
Firmware 3.9.2.30 / 4.9.0.58
Beta

• Connection issues gone!!! ? I noticed all my cameras were connecting faster and I haven’t had a single issue (knock on wood) connecting to any camera

*Notifications spotty. Seems like I don’t get push notifications for my Notification videos until I open the app. I even tried marking the Wyze app as “Not optimized” under my battery settings, to make sure Android wasn’t killing the app off

The new firmware caused my camera to disconnect from the network and I’m unable to re-establish connection. When the yellow light flashes and I press the button I hear an unintelligible message (wrong ??). Henri