App Version 1.2 and New Firmware Released!

It’s a big day around here at Wyze Labs! Today we released our official V1.2 software and firmware! This comes with new features and we’re super stoked about it. Here’s what’s new:

Firmware 3.9.2.30 includes:

– Simplified alert logic for better alert and notification stability.

– Enable recording and pause/resume in Playback.

– Enable SD card formatting.

– Provide the option to turn on/off timestamp watermark in video frame.

– Bug fixes.

Android V1.2.50 includes:

– Simplified alert logic for better alert and notification stability.

– Enable recording and pause/resume in playback.

– Support screen rotation.

– Multiple phones/tablets using the same Wyze account will all receive alert notifications if logged in within the last 7 days. (In V1.1 only one device is notified).

– Option to turn on/off the timestamp watermark in video frame.

– Enable SD card formatting.

– Bug fixes.

iOS V1.2.60 includes:

– Enable recording and pause/resume in Playback.

– Support screen rotation.

– Support SD card formatting.

– Provide option to turn on/off the timestamp watermark in video frame.

– Multiple phones/tablets logged in during past 7 days using the same Wyze account will alert notifications if logged in within the last 7 days. (In V1.1 we only notify 1 device)

– Wyze app audio output to a Bluetooth speaker.

– Bug fixes.

Hope you enjoy the new Wyze abilities! :smiley:

Best,

WyzeCracker

Although a Nice update, Browser support to view ALL cams on one page is a must! Thanks for your hard work!

I agree, I would also like to see a web interface.

Can you disable the audio microphone?

Not yet! But it’s our top priority for the next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! And I’d like to see the web interface, too! :smiley:

Great update all around guys.

I feel like at this point you know all the “must-have” features that so many of us want. I feel confident that you’re working toward them.

Keep up the great work.

What’s the difference between v1.2 and the beta?

Yay! So excited for new features! Thank you for the improvements!!!

I’ve only had the new firmware (3.9.2.30) and iOS update (v.1.2.60) for a couple of hours, but I like what I’ve seen so far on my 3 cameras. Will continue to monitor, but so far I haven’t seen the intermittent problems with connecting (stuck on 1/3, usually w/ blue flashing light) that I was having previously. While I’m here, I’d like to say “Thanks” for the screen rotation support in the iOS update. If you’ve been using the app in landscape mode on an iPad with a case you’ll appreciate this change.

Nice. Keep up the good work!

I don’t see what changed for the notification feature? I was hoping to be able to turn off notification during multiple time range in a day. For example, turn on after I leave for work until I come back. Then after I sleep until I wake up.

Just tested the notification alert. I set both start and end time then click on the arrow to go back in the menu but the changes were not applied.

Theres a laundry list of changes coming, but we gotta give them time to roll it out… You can always join the beta software program to keep up with new features and test them before the final firmware / Software is released. Hope that helps

A welcome update, but I’d like the whole app, not just the camera’s image, to work in landscape mode.

So glad you’ve added notifications to multiple devices! This is a huge feature for the Mrs. and I. Thank you!

This update is pretty big for quality of life. Removing the timestamp lets you actually utilize the full view of the camera. Also allowing multiple users to receive the alerts is key for those of us who use the cameras as nursery cams. Excited to see future updates for disabling sound recording and enabling multi-camera view. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

not getting any notifications on IPhone 7 ,they are on the app itselfall previous procedures to correct but nothing as of yet. Problem HAS to be on WYZE end.

Same issue too after update, I don’t get the push notifications anymore. The notifications are in the app though when I check it.

I have 2 cameras and have tried twice on both to install 3.9.2.30. The both failed to install both times.

Now one camera will not connect at all. I can’t see any picture on that camera and get the following error message: Connection failed (-90)

Do I need to delete this camera and reinstall it?

Just finally got one camera to update. But still can’t connect to the other camera.