App update and now cameras stuck on "3/3 getting video data"

My app on iOS just updated to the newest version including “groups”. Awesome feature, but now I’m having trouble connecting to the cameras?? Never had a issue before but now it gets to 3/3 quickly and just sits there saying “getting video data”
…anyone else experiencing this? Or have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

I have had this happen intermittently. Not a fix, but I have resolved it by exiting and reopening the app so far. It seems to consistently happen in iOS when I am watching a camera group then my phone screen is turned off. When the screen is turned back on it tries to load and gets stuck as Chris5394 has described

There is an upload requirement per camera. This is from the camera specs page.

Connectivity Requirements: Upload speed 1.0 Mbps for SD and 1.5 Mbps for HD

(360p isn’t listed, but is available on V2 and Pan cameras)

Shouldn’t be an issue for upload speed in my case, I get an average of 15-20mbps upload and only have the two cams and a nest door bell on my internet. One cam has 90% wifi strength the other 88%.

Is this issue occurring in both local WiFi connections and LTE connections, or just one of them?

Both, it used to be super fast before the update when I was on the same wifi network. And was fairly quick when on LTE. Now it’s happening on both

I have 15 down and 5 up, and connect very quickly with mine. However, I have an Amplifi HD mesh system now, and I think that may be why I don’t have as many connection issues. When I had an R7000, my connections weren’t as reliable, and that’s why I moved to mesh.

What response do you get when you select just one camera? Does it connect quickly? Below is the connectivity troubleshooting guide.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022258632-Connectivity-Troubleshooting

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

Appreciate the help. Ya when I just select one cam it seems to connect quickly. I also have a Samsung mesh network at my place. I’ll do a bit more looking into but will put a ticket in as well if I have no luck.

Thanks

You’re welcome.

I had this issue too. I moved the camera closer to the wifi and issue went away. Seems I was on the edge of good reception.