App no longer works in landscape orientation on iPad

Since the latest app update one week ago, the app does not work in landscape orientation.

OK, I should clarify the app never worked properly in landscape mode, because the app is awful, but that’s a complaint for another post. But at least until recently the full-screen multi-camera view did support landscape mode.

But now whenever I open the Wyze app the full-screen view simply doesn’t work in landscape - only portrait. Or, it will maybe work one time but as soon as I switch apps it rotates straight back to portrait mode.

I’ve already contacted Wyze support about this days ago but they didn’t do anything.

Here’s what’s happening:

4 Likes

I am having the same problem with my android phone. Is this a bug in the app. or has the app. been redesigned to function this way?

1 Like

Working correctly on both my Android phone (Motorola g7 Power with 2.30.0 (130) app version), and my #$%^&* iPhone 8 (2.31.0 (b2) app version). Can’t test on my Android tablet as it is not where I am.

Agree. AND they always could have made the little square box for turning it 90 degrees, LARGER. After all its transparent, its too close to the icons for color/b&w and spotlight. YES, please fix this AND make it auto shift to landscape. Its been long enough (too long) waiting for you to make it work.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a bug. In the previous version of the app, full-screen camera views used to stay on landscape even when switching between apps. I encourage you to contact Wyze support and tell them you’re having this problem (maybe link them to this thread?)

1 Like

Ditto. And it’s a pita

1 Like

There’s another post about this issue from 3 days ago named, Livestream Landscape Mode on IOS … at first, I thought the OP in that thread was referring to the ongoing (4-years) issue with lack of app-wide Landscape mode for tablets. Then realized it was a change in the way Landscape mode is handled during a live stream, as this thread points out.

1 Like

Today’s app update did not fix this bug.

1 Like

Still happening in the latest app version. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yup … unfortunately, I think this bug report has fallen upon deaf ears

1 Like

They are trying to help, at least - I had a PM from a Wyze staffer a few months ago to ask for more info (which I happily provided). It seems like a tricky bug to replicate consistently so maybe they’re having trouble narrowing it down.

Still hoping for a resolution though :smile: