App in need of serious redesign - Yes or No?

We joined around the same time, around a year and a half ago. What’s your total stable of Wyze devices in that time?

I started with three cameras and tested them intensively for a few months. When Wyze told me they weren’t security cams, they were for “keeping an eye on things,” I took them at their word and lowered my expectations. That has served me well.

Here’s an esteemed boomer’s take on their current stance:

They have improved the app slowly, steadily over the last year, and since I have nothing crucial committed to them, that pace has been acceptable. If you’re a lover of history, search the forum for “intuitive” and see what pops up. :wink:

2 Likes

Fonts don’t need to be heavy (bold).
The fonts within each tab should be consistant, Home, Events and Account. I don’t use the other two but I suppose they should be consistant also. :slight_smile:

Here you go.

1 Like

@masterep, your posts are a chore to dig through.

I was talking to all the non-Wyze related banter which clogs my mailbox.

That is not the purpose of this forum, period.

30 messages back and forth that do nothing to help Wyze “understand their users” is just an annoyance.

Marketing 101? “Deliver your message in the most effective manner.”

2 Likes

Some posts were edited or removed that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze
3 Likes

To be fair…

I don’t know what else they can do. They’re owning it (the faults of the current app) and pledging to improve it as rapidly as possible. @AustinByr and his team of designers are, I think, part of what @WyzeFrederik promised six months ago.

So that’s follow-through.

As a company, they will project their business path as they see fit to achieve profit, growth and development. They will pivot to address unexpected challenges as nimbly as they can.

Here are two things that improved substantially app-wise in my time here, probably the two that most affected my use of the software and cameras:

• Indexing of the 12-sec Event to the corresponding SD card Playback Event (or position in Continuous Record) effecting one-tap direct access to expanded video content for study.
  • Adapting the app (by hook or crook) to retain Hardware Acceleration capability so that older and/or less-robust phones were not excluded from the app upgrade path.

So there’s that. Much appreciated. :clap:

And for perspective, here’s the Wishlist/Roadmap/Launched features list:

https://forums.wyzecam.com/tags/c/roadmap/37/launched

Looks like they’ve been hard at it, but you can decide for yourself. I’m not in the software biz. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely thought out, and well presented!

1 Like

Your post showed up in my mailbox.

1 Like

Got it. Will get it fixed. Thanks Robert!

1 Like

party pooper

1 Like

People like consistency and it’s doubly important in a new product

Dang it! I thought I got rid of her years ago!!! Oh well if Dementia wants to take another stab at… oh look colors! Ah what were we talking about?

1 Like

It’s a forum, a place to freely express thoughts and ideas. If you find that it’s more than you can handle, feel free to unsubscribe

1 Like

Now don’t be cranky.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not… I don’t think I am, might be though… I can’t remember

1 Like

Hi, Austin. Maybe this would be worthwhile to address at some point.

There are screens in the app in which the leftmost and/or rightmost “button” seems very close to the edge of my mobile’s display. Sometimes the button is an icon and sometimes it’s text. Often there is only a single button on the left- and/or right-side on that line of the screen.

When the buttons are so close to the edge, they are difficult for me to tap, especially when the tap area is defined to be narrow. There is usually room to move the button closer to the centerline or to make the tap area wider in that direction.

This change, and most of the others called out here, would make navigation much easier for me. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Is it possible for you to upload an example screenshot?

Hey Austin

When accessing SD Playback footage directly via Liveview, fat-fingering the < button immediately after access (hoping to go to the most recent SD Event footage) sometimes changes the Timeline date to Dec 31 1969.

The < > buttons at screen edge (in landscape especially, my default) are very easy to fat-finger.

I use 7" Android tablets exclusively. @becktea , two posts above, may be describing something similar.

/edit-add

Here’s a variation.

This is the way the Timeline < > looks when tapping an Android Event notification, Wyze app displaying Event in Landscape orientation, then tapping the Playback icon to go to the expanded video Event, also displayed in Landscape:

The < > 's are back ‘lit’ so’s you can see 'em, but their function is just as frustrating re fat-fingering. Even if you don’t get stuck in the 1969 Unix glitch, it just smoggles the Timeline position as opposed to jumping to the next Playback Event, and you don’t know where the heck you are. :confounded:

@milehiguy :

Is your iOS app experience re fat-fingering these < > 's anything like mine in Android?

1 Like

@AustinByr Please test any GUI changes out on tablets too (iPad in my case), both vertically and horizontally. Thanks.

December 31, 1969 The Old Unix Glitch

2 Likes