App help or User Guide?

Is there a help file or user manual for the app, that describes what’s on each screen? I can’t figure out what some of icons mean. I tried tapping on one and it just said “Failed”, but I’m not sure what it was supposed to do.

(I’m an old-school COBOL programmer, so I’m used to 500-page IBM manuals that describe everything in excruciating detail. :grinning:)

Not really? And the apps change appearance with updates (and even between cameras). Your best bet is uploading a screenshot and we can tell you what they are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You do realize that Wyze is having server problems right now, don’t you?

2 Likes

I’m seeing things on the web saying AWS is back up. I tried it again, and this time it didn’t say failed, but I still can’t figure out what it does.

OK, it’s the one I circled in red. This is on the Android app, after selecting an event, I know the 2nd icon is download, and the 3rd is full screen, but can’t figure out the 1st one.

On iPad, that’s an option to “send” the file somewhere, like email.

2 Likes

Thanks! That makes sense. Usually called “Share” on Android. I will have to play with it to see if I can get it to work. Maybe it is still being impacted by remnants of the AWS outage.

Funny thing – I “chatted” with Wyze support, and the agent couldn’t tell me what it does. :roll_eyes:

Unfortunately, not an uncommon occurrence. As of late, it seems the support staff is poorly trained and completely unfamiliar with the products and software. If it isn’t part of a “script” you won’t get any help.