When adding new cameras to the application I take advantage of a shortcut, but found that by doing this I miss out on the Cam Plus trial offer and cannot find a way for the trial to be offered again without completely removing the camera from my account. I know this is my own doing, but I suspect your intention is to still offer it.
Here are my steps to reproduce:
- Obtain multiple new cameras and power them on
- Open the application and go through the add new product menu like normal, except pause when you get the QR code screen
- Push the button on all of the cameras you want to add so you hear the “read to connect” prompt
- Show each camera the QR code
- Continue the setup in the app which prompts you for the device name, then accept the Cam Plus offer
- Observe that you were prompted to only name one camera and the Cam Plus trial offer only applied to that single camera
- View your list of devices and you will see all of the cameras you added
- View the camera, look at services, etc. Observe that there is not a prompt for Cam Plus trial
When you remove the camera from your account and do the setup one camera at a time the Cam Plus trial appears and you can opt-in.
Suggestion: Consider adding a trial offer check in the application where it is not tied to device activation. For example, when you rename the device or when you are on the screen where you can apply licenses for the camera. Alternatively you could consider having the app detect there is a new device added to the account that didn’t go through all of the setup prompts.
I really like the shortcut as it helps when setting up multiple cameras, just doesnt work so well with trial offers.