App Dark Theme/Mode

What I don’t understand is how is changing color codes a “massive project”? I do understand it is little more complicated than that but still, what makes it to be so massive? Or is it rather the issue of priority? I would understand that.

2 Likes

I have a feeling most (if not all) of their graphical artifacts are on a white background and they would not look good on any other background colors.

2 Likes

Could be. All light background with light, hard to read text. Seems they could toggle the light bit somewhere in the code.

1 Like

Yes, PLEASE make a dark mode/theme!! Have needed this for years. :blush:

5 Likes

I wonder how many people are working in research department?

1 Like

I don’t think there is a research department. The research would be up to the team that would be over the wishlist item. It could be delegated to the PM (Product Manager) or any other number of people on their team, and quite possibly have some input and decision-making by people above them based on limit resources and priorities. Some things that were originally planned earlier got delayed and pushed back due to limited resources. Wyze is in the middle of hiring more software engineers…and they discussed it in an AMA a few months ago:

2 Likes

I can’t help but think that all the additional modules that have been added over the past several years have only complicated and made more difficult the app redesign.

If in fact that is the case I cannot see the logic and having produced all these modules which is software designer intensive, and not designating the team members to tackle these several wish list items, which put you on parity with the competition and satisfy us nagging customers who would be purchasing more if we felt the app made us more productive or gave us some more enjoyable experience with all your products.

Am I missing something?

3 Likes

Very safe assumption. :rofl:

2 Likes

People? Plural? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

4 yrs ago I was a novice :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As a coder looking at screens all day, dark mode is a big relief to the eyes. Come to the dark side.

8 Likes

That was funny back in August and even now as I read this in October. :grinning:

1 Like

Now ur making me look for that button, if it now exists ?

1 Like

So I know you guys at Wyze are doing your best to get the new Wyze toilet water filtration system and backyard grass vacuum rolled out in time for Christmas.

Then of course you need to prepare for the flash sales you’re having for Spaghettios and Mazda 626 brake pads…

But… Maybe in between someone could just try to get dark mode programmed into the app?

5 Likes

Well, the important thing is that “blinding white” mode not only causes untold misery every day and likely damages your eyes, but it also uses as much electricity as possible and shortens your device’s battery and screen life. Take that Greta Thunberg!

But seriously, I think that Wyze is the only cam app I recall NOT having a dark mode nowadays. WTF?? Doesn’t sound too friendly to me…

“We came up with a radical idea. What if we treated customers like friends? If our best friend was in the room, and we were selling them this camera in person”

I guess we are all blinded by their science…

( And yes, I know about the developer mode workaround for Android devices )

1 Like

It’s been nearly 3 tears and all we get are more modules past expired promises and a deeper hole for the developers to climb out of.

I’ve started looking at other cameras and am investing in Hue lighting. Wyze, you just don’t get it. Great hardware needs real software. Your app does not meet the threshold by virtue of being inflexible, hard to read and blindingly unfriendly.

You’ve heard it from me and others so many times I’ve stopped counting.

Sorry, but I’m not buying into expensive services when served by a crappy app and a fee to view on my laptop.

1 Like

Let’s go back to having a customer relationship. Friendship doesn’t work in any business sense.

I think you meant years, but I can feel your pain. :cry:

2 Likes

3 “tears” was a typo but a fitting one. I just don’t get how Wyze leadership doesn’t see the need to make a clearer more legible interface… do they not use the app themselves???

5 Likes

When will Wyze have dark mode available in the app, Android and ios? I will not buy another new product from them until they offer this improvement.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

3 Likes