App Dark Theme/Mode

Absolutely agree. In order to ‘enhance’ night vision, I’ll turn my phone landscape (full screen) and turn the brightness up to the max. It’s great for seeing things captured by the IR, but it’s blinding if you forget to turn it down before exiting landscape (full screen) to check another event or camera.

1 Like

You have Dark Theme in the forum? Edit: Ooooh, found it!

I started working with shortcuts last night and they are totally unreadable in this color scheme.

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side! And yes, text labels on shortcuts (off-white on cyan) and bottom of screen menu items (light gray on white) don’t exactly shout CONTRAST, to me anyway … cataract surgery or not. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

My eyes are so shot from trying to use the app, I tried to load it on an iPad. Nope… 9.3.5 and v2 don’t seem to like each other.

2 Likes

It is even hard to read on their support pages and that is significantly larger than my phone.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019923751-Home-Tab

1 Like
5 Likes

At night when images may be relatively dark, it would be helpful if you could toggle the background color to black foregrounds to white and teal. Let’s the user iris dilate , also throws less light into the room

5 Likes

Don’t forget to vote at the top of the page.

4 Likes

Still want this to happen. It would be nice to know that its at least in development since so many people are interested in it.

6 Likes

This is desperately needed - I checked my pan last night at like 1 am after a loud noise downstairs and I’m pretty sure I could smell my retinas searing…

8 Likes

I’m using my WYZE App at night at least half the time for home security checks. But in the dead of night, it’s hard to focus on the night vision video feed when the rest of the app border is so blaring white and bright! Who else would be interested in the app offering a setting to choose a Dark or Night Mode?

6 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken, that’s what this Roadmap thread is about. Have you voted? I find it hard to believe that the request has only received 164 votes. The forum software that I’m using to write this message even has a Dark mode option (which I enabled the minute I heard about it). I wouldn’t hold your breath, however, for the same to be implemented for the app.

3 Likes

Did you see this thread?

2 Likes

Sorry, this roadmap is so un-userfriendly to me, I firmly believed that I was the first to suggest Dark-Mode. Had no idea this was already suggested elsewhere. I did a search and nothing turned up.

Is this a pun or a joke? I don’t get it.

“Maybe later”

2 Likes

+1
Would love this option.

4 Likes

Please add a dark theme for the UI. The white is blinding at night, even with screen brightness turned all the way down.

5 Likes

Asking (begging) again, please develope a dark or night theme. Its such a simple ask. I don’t understand what the reluctance seems to be. As an app developer this is low hanging fruit that directly impacts customer satisfaction and experience.

6 Likes

I’m with you.
That’s the problem with this idea of voting on ‘features’. Sometimes it’s not a feature but something that should be standard.

I have low vision (the latest PC term for blind, I think :slight_smile:) which makes dark themes more than cosmetic. White text on black is easiest for me to read. Preferably a font larger than the tiny font Wyze uses in their apps.

So with the voting method I have to gather enough people that can’t read the app to get Wyze to improve it?

The forum even has a dark theme option.

4 Likes