App closes after maybe an hour

We have the app on ios and leave it running to watch as a baby monitor. After maybe an hour the app closes. Is this on my end or is it common? Thanks!

I have not heard of that happening nor had it happen to me.

I am an Android user, so not as familiar with Apple’s IOS.

Are you watching the baby monitor from an IOS device on the same wifi LAN (SSID/password)? My experiment with Android is that most traffic between Android device and Wyze cam stays local in that case. My test was to disconnect my cable connection from my wifi router while watching from an Android device connected via the same wlan as the Wyze cam was connected to. And streaming still worked with no internet connection.

If that’s the case, then it is harder to explain than if you are connecting from the internet to you home camera. There may be limits on how long you are allowed to “tie up” the internet relay.

Google voice does the same thing with calls. They are limited to 2 or maybe 3 hours at a time. It is costing them to provide the service, so is protection against someone starting a call and leaving the “phone off hook” (that phrase shows my age too).

Jimmy,

Just to clarify, it’s not just that the streaming stops, but the Wyze app is actually crashing? To see if that’s the case, after the app closes, double tap the home button on your phone to bring up the app switcher. If you don’t see the Wyze app in the first couple cards, then it means it’s crashed.

On the other hand, if the app remains open but returns to the device list, that should not be happening either.

Finally, if the app remains on the device’s live stream, but the live stream freezes, shows that it’s trying to reconnect or gives you an error, that would indicate a connection problem.

In any case, I’d recommend that you use the link in the app to file a support case which will upload the app log to Wyze to help them troubleshoot what’s going on.

It happen to me twice while reviewing video captures from the day before, the app unexpectedly closes or crashed after about one hour, next time I’ll file a report so they can see my logs

I have to keep logging back into the app on my iphone…keeps logging out. I have not had this problem before, it just started. My iPad stays logged in though…sigh

Thank you all for the responses! The app keeps shutting off after about an hour of viewing. Tried on an iPhone 6, 7 & X.

I am having the same issue with the same scenario here. We use one of our cams as a baby monitor and the app closes after extended live viewing… somewhere around an hour or so. I’ve had this issue with a V2 and now with a Pan. I’ll send an email into support.

I too have the same problem. I just got my Wyze cam pan yesterday and got it all set up ok. Except for the fact that when I try to see what’s going on in the room my cam is located, I get an old still picture. I pull down on the picture to try to wake up the app, but no live pictures. What am I doing wrong? If I can’t see what’s going on at my house when I’m away from home, what’s the point of having the cam? I have to hit the setup button again on the bottom of the cam and show the QR code to my phone. Please help me get this working properly.

I have an iPhone 6. I upgraded the firmware when I was prompted. I have app version 1.4.56.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Did you tap the camera thumbnail on the Devices screen to bring up the live view? If you are still having trouble, I’d suggest you submit a support ticket from within the app.

I know this is old, but I’m new to Wyze and use it for the same purpose as a baby monitor. I am having the same issue.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Thanks!

I had a tablet monitoring a camera all day today , it did not close , but it is not an Apple product

1 Like

My old Samsung tablet runs without closing too. I guess certain devices behave differently.

Only One Exception
The only thing that interrupts the live stream is an automatic update from Google. This happens to other apps as well not just the Wyze app. It will close the app. The only way to avoid this would be to turn off auto-updates in the Play Store.

I always have all automatic updates turned off , I was running a Fire HD 8 tablet , My Samsung tablet runs without closing also.

1 Like

I’m bringing this thread back up again. I don’t have issues with my iPhone closing. However, I want to get a second camera as a second monitor for another child. Since I can’t do duel sounds, I need a second app running. I use my iPad and it will close after 6 hours or so. Not enough to make it through the night.

HELP

Hello @mnbeddow and welcome to the community.

I have to admit first that I do not use Apple products so I am not the best expert at this. When you say it will close after 6 hours or so is the app closing or is the iPad closing?

The app closes and it goes to the home screen.

Melanie Beddow

I know there are a few @mavens that use iOS, I will tag them and see if they can help. I am not sure why it would close.

@rbruceporter is the most experienced with iOS he may be able to shed some light on this issue. I don’t use my iPad for constant monitoring so not much help with this.

I have not tried the iPad for that long but have set mine up now so will see what’s up.

3 Likes