App and devices unusable for the past 2 weeks!

I’m really starting to lose my patience with Wyze. My app has broken nearly every day for the past two weeks, rendering my Wyze devices (Cam v2, Sensors, and Scale) basically useless. It goes between crashing on login, to not showing any devices, to showing the devices but not allowing me to do anything with them, rinse and repeat. Support just keeps promising me that the app will be updated to fix the bugs, but after 2 weeks I’m just not buying it anymore and running out of patience. If it doesn’t get fixed for good by the end of this week I’m going to request a refund for everything.

1 Like

The best thing to do here would be to contact Wyze Support at +1 (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT, & Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT (-3 hours from ET ATM).

This is more a community forum, where users help each other, and Wyze makes announcements.

2 Likes

I’ve already contacted them several times. I agree this forum isn’t the right place, but they don’t seem to be taking the issues seriously, so I’m hoping that a public post will get more attention.

@rx8saxman
What version number of the app are you running?

1 Like

2.14.23, which is the latest version available to me in the app store. I’ve done all of the normal troubleshooting steps - log out, force close, uninstall/reinstall, reboot, etc.

1 Like

Have you been running that version the entire time you have had issues or has it spanned over multiple app versions?

1 Like

That’s a great question - I’m not 100% sure because I’ve reinstalled the app a few times since the issues started and didn’t pay attention to what version I originally had, but I think I’ve been on the same version since the start,

1 Like

I know there should be a new version coming soon, have you sent in any logs on this issue?

Edit: I am told the new app is starting to show up for some, can you see if you have it yet in the app store

1 Like

And in case it starts working, downlad the new macOS 11.0 Big Sir on Thursday!
Edit: 14.2 for iPhone 05Nov2020 & Beta 14.3 beta iPhone 12Nov2020 {18C5044f}

There are a lot of variables in the wind @rx8saxman, don’t run out of patience James.
Wize will deploy a new Apple App next month to address problems from this/last month.
That won’t address what will happen after Veterans Day (tomorrow). Stick with it, everyone is chasing their tail and Wyse has been responsive. :slightly_smiling_face:

Quote from “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” two most important words are, “Don’t Panic”.

Thanks for the help guys. I just got the 2.15.22 update and things are looking better today. I’ll keep an eye on it, but hopefully that’s all I needed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Glad it looks like its fixed, let me know if you run into anything else

macOS will not have any bearing on this issue with Wyze running on iOS

I can only get the .21 version and it keeps crashing. Any advice? (Yes I have most recent version of Android.)

1 Like
2 Likes