Anyone know the maximum duration of a Time Lapse?

I want to set a time lapse to take 1 picture a day at 9:00 AM for a year. I can set the interval to be a day and the time to be 9:00 AM but can’t seem to go past a few days, the OK button grey’s out and the day resets to today?

I looked at the support site but it does not seem to address the duration other than interval.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029780232-Time-Lapse

1 Like

About a month.
I found if I try to schedule more than 30 days it does not work, and there is some data on here about it.
But also if I tried near the end of a month it didn’t seem to work.
I’m pretty sure there is a wishlist category for it.
Ask a Forum Maven :slight_smile:
I ran one for October on a V2, I think I set the interval at 10 minutes.

2 Likes

That agrees with my testing. The information I could find on the forums was either incomplete or contradictory that’s why I asked. The official documentation does not currently address the issue.

“Allow Time Lapses Longer Than a Month” would be a great wishlist item (hint, hint). I didn’t notice one.

The way your app should be working ATM is if you select a start date of tomorrow, Nov 21st at 9 AM, and an end date beyond Dec 21st, the date wheel will automatically spin back to Dec 21st as soon as you let go of it. It doesn’t really care how many frames you intend to save (although you could get a “not enough space” if there will be too many).

If it isn’t working that way for you, then you probably need to report it as a bug. I just tried it with the new 2.6.61 iOS version of the app, and it works as expected on iOS 12.

2 Likes

That’s how mine works on iOS 13.2.3 (The version of the week) and App version 2.6.62 on iOS.

But I am headed over to the Wishlist right now! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Time lapse #wishlist item now awaiting moderator approval. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes