Anyone else out there super happy with Wyze products? I AM!

Do you realize that the overwhelming majority of all electronics are currently made in China? Where do you think the TVs you are watching were made? Where do you think the iPhones are made? By the way, are you using an iPhone? Grow up and get off your kick about Wyze products made in China.

I agree with all the concerns about electronics manufactured in China but Wyze should be the least of your concerns.

The WYZE products I own (4 V2, 12 Cam Pan, 1 Outdoor Cam, a Scale, and 2 Bands) are working great and I have had zero issues with them.

It isn’t just WYZE products that work great for me. I just sold 11 Amcrest IP cameras on eBay. Those worked great but required more fiddling to get them connected. Lots of unhappy people in those forums.

My home is also equipped with over 50 ZigBee and Z-Wave things, connected to a Hubitat Elevation hub. These are also working great. I read similar posts on other community forums lamenting how crappy XYZ products are, and I just sit there and bite my tongue and consider myself fortunate.

So here we have a person with over 75 things that can screw up, and none of them are temperamental… Nada. Zilch.

There are factors such as incorrect router setup, and interference from other devices on that spectrum that may be somewhat to blame.

The equipment the ISPs offer is what they can buy for the lowest price. Multiplied by tens of thousands, it is easy to understand why the ISPs don’t supply decent hardware.

The last time I expressed my positive feelings about WYZE products I was labeled a troll. I enjoy what a connected home is supposed to be.

1 Like

I don’t have nearly the number of Wyze products that you have. I have six cameras including two of the new outdoor cameras and I have five bulbs and two motion sensors currently in use. I have ordered two more outdoor cameras that I am looking forward to installing. I also have two Wyze plugs that I will be installing this coming week with some LED lighting.

I am extremely happy with the Wyze products that I purchased and I experience little to no problems. I’m not sure how you can do any better especially considering the cost of Wyze products.

They can label me a troll too.

1 Like

Indeed that is true… Factually, there has always been a ‘They’.

1 Like

Fortunately, you are very lucky… Unfortunately many are not

1 Like

OMG, did you just wake up from a long sleep Mr. Rip Van Winkle?
I’m 84, we were hearing the same warnings about the Japanese electronics in the 50s and 60s, etc. ad infinitum. In fact, did you know that in the 1800s, grocers and butchers were keeping records of what we bought to eat!? And shoemakers kept records about the size and shape of our feet? What a shocker! People have been trading privacy for convenience ever since cavemen gradually began abandoning unitary hunting and gathering in exchange for tribal division of labor!
It’s not a conspiracy! It’s called civilization! And you know what - tribes, countries and businesses that become dependent upon purchases by foreign customers for their financial success are not stupid - they don’t start wars with their customer base, despite any prior bias or their original motives! Economic inter-dependence = peacetime. There have always been people keeping track of what we read, listen to, watch, brush our teeth with and roll on our armpits, and there always will be! You will have to try to stay awake and get use to it.

1 Like

@nls. I love you. In a platonic polite way, but I love you. People crow about surveillance but then carry smart phones. Wait until they learn about drivers licenses…

I use a lot of devices and processes to protect my privacy and data but I also know when it is harvested as I do my research.

A good rule is , if you don’t pay for it, you are the product.

3 Likes

Well said… Unfortunate though… The fallacy of privacy fuels people to reveal so darn much… “I promise to keep it secret” has opened many doors

1 Like

And they know how much I weigh (to calculate the correct dose of poison), my sleep patterns (sneak in when I am sleeping), the password to my network (so they can shut down the cameras), what the inside and outside of my home look like, my electricity usage, yada yada yada.

Absolutely not. I believe they’ve hacked my phone and generated 45 gigs of data in the last 30 days as a result, which is unheard-of for me as I only use roughly 2 gigs a month. I have since uninstalled the app. Was a customer for about 2 years. Never had a problem with the actual cameras, just the app.