Anyone else out there super happy with Wyze products? I AM!

I also am very happy with the WYZE products that I own.
I have 2 V1s, 6V2s, (a few with SD cards) 1 Pan Cam, 4 contact sensors, 2 motion sensor, 2 bulbs, 2 power plugs
Everything works, the early cameras have been working reliably for over 2 years.
I cover 2 different locations, with different WiFi "s, None out doors, some in windows.
Sharing some feeds with others, On android and Iphone.
Have converted 1 V2 to an rtsp stream. works fine as a USB Web Cam.

Sure sometimes there are issues, but these are transitory and usually self resolve.
The audio talk back is weak and difficult to understand sometimes, but hey, what do expect from a 2 inch cube.

In my opinion, at these price points, you cannot find anything better.

2 Likes

So there are a number of people qho claim to be happy, I for one would gladly refrain from having to constantly be irritated by nonfunctional devices, by posting here, in fact if anyone wanted I would gladly allow you to buy the 4 v2 cams from me at cost plus shipping and everyone would be more happy than see my negatives on here, however that isnā€™t likely and corp would rather I keep sharing the negatives than make that happen! Good luck with those ccp enabled devices! Iā€™ll stick to buying American!

so your offering to sell your second hand cameras that you are having trouble with, at full price + shipping? I donā€™t think youā€™ll get many takers

1 Like

Sadly, no. I havenā€™t jumped on the i hate Wyze bandwagon, but to be honest, iā€™m rather disappointed and have started looking elsewhereā€¦ once my Wyze door lock randomly decided to lock me out of the house even when that option has been turned off as well as door position, you get a little disgruntled.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear you are having these problems. For what its worth, most people that deal with IoT things or IT donā€™t recommend putting a digital device on your physical door. Its kind of the worst of both worlds, and very little benefit for either.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been extremely happy. I have several Cam 2ā€™s I loaded with the RSTP software. I have them streaming live 24/7 on one of my websites at http://birdcam.online Iā€™m putting them in bluebird nest boxes as well as facing bird feeders. Some one solar powered power with a battery bank so the still stream at night and on days we donā€™t have enough sun.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only heard one complaint about RSTP so if thatā€™s working for you that is greatā€¦

We have the the V2 cam, Pan cam, Outdoor cam, Bulbs and Scale. I have not had a single issue and they work great! I absolutely love all their products and typically early adopt every single one. I am actually using my V2 camera as a webcam right now because the webcams have been sold out for months because of the pandemic. Itā€™s made my life easier with interviewing (even if I have to deal with the fisheye lens a little.)

2 Likes

The lock autolocks when the battery is low. A warning would be nice but it seems fine as long as you watch battery levels

The bulbs were a huge bust for me. Outlets too. Which is fine since they are both generic iot products.

The cameras are fantastic though. Nothing but accoladeā€™s for the cameras.

100% agree.

i started with 2 cams and after seeing how easy they were to set-up i bought 2 more (one of which i use outside to monitor my driveway gate 100+ yds from my house), a scale and the band.

i really love how my band allows me to easily check alerts to see if itā€™s worth checking my phone.

p.s. integration of my band and cams with alexa is something i use several times per day and is an unexpected bonus.

1 Like

LOL LMAO!! I donā€™t know how to even reply to this.

Iā€™m glad you posted this. Iā€™ve no doubt some people are experiencing frustrating issues. Iā€™ve experienced one or two ā€“ but Iā€™ve been able to resolve them with a little scientific thought and troubleshooting (just like any electronic device). After all, electronics arenā€™t infallible.

But all in all, I am AMAZED that they are able to sell us such high-functioning devices at such a low price. I have recommended Wyze to others, with great success.

I also appreciated that they sold masks and thermometers during a time when I couldnā€™t find them elsewhere. They truly saved my bacon!!

Humans, in general, tend to write to complain rather than praise. So, it was a brilliant idea that you began this thread for those of us who are very satisfied.

I feel a great loyalty to Wyze as their products have helped me care for (by monitoring) my elderly mother in every room. They have never betrayed my confidence with all of the new products I have purchased. So, count me as one of the satisfied.

6 Likes

I am surprised at this blissful and sarcastic post and concerned it will mislead potential new customers into false confidence with Wyze products. My Wyze motion sensors routinely detect continuous motion for more than 24 hours at a time then eventually clear but thatā€™s useless for rules. Sensor batteries run out too quickly. My Wyze plugs go offline and have to be physically unplugged and plugged in again making them useless for rules when I am away. I get hundreds of false motion events daily and try to delete them to save Wyze cloud storage that they say is financially hurting the company. At the time I acquired several Wyze cam V2 cameras I liked the iOS app for managing events, but updates have since made it cumbersome time consuming user interface.

3 Likes

If I had never bought into the horrible wyze sense line and outdoor camera and just stuck to the V2ā€™s I own I would probably agree that Wyze is not bad for the price.

1 Like

I wonā€™t buy another Wyze product.

The whole ā€œwe just hired a finance guy ā€¦ ā€œ from a company with millions of sales is not one I can trust.

4 Likes

Iā€™m with yaā€™!

Iā€™m more than happy to reshape my approach as the new products come out. Hats off to the folks at WYZE.

A retired IBM exec,
Fred Spulecki

1 Like

Like you Iā€™m happy with my V2 cams. All I have are the V2 cams. Out of the various brands of cams I own, Wyze is the least expensive and up there is function and picture quality. Iā€™m not interested in other gadgets, i donā€™t need any cloud storage. People detection is nice but liked what we had before Apple bought it.

What did apple buy?

x.nor I thinkā€¦ The company that Wyze first used with people detection.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had wyze cams for over two years, and the sensors since they were available. Iā€™m really fed up with helping wyze debug my V2 cameras since the last firmware update. Support keeps suggesting fixes, but none of them have worked. Iā€™m worried one of these fixes will brick my cameras like I have heard happen to others. The latest wyze app update has caused my contact sensors to randomly report false opens that require me to reset the sensor. After two years of hit and miss updates Iā€™ve decided to give up trying to get some dependable use from these devices. Iā€™ve already wasted too much time trying to get their products working. . . . Iā€™ve just gotten used to half-assed devices unable to operate as advertised.

Also: when I first started using wyze cams, the image quality was great! For the last year or so, the image quality had gotten worse. Iā€™d sure like to know what they did. It sure doesnā€™t look like 1080p any longer.

Hopefully the next updates are thoroughly tested before it is relased to their customers.

2 Likes