Anyone else have all their Bulbs on this morning?

All 4 of my Bulbs were on this morning. One is not related to any routines. All 4 are in a group. I know they were not on last night.

1 Like

No, mine were normal.

But this has happened to me before, and it pretty much always means my power flickered or went out entirely. If you have cameras or other devices you may be able to verify that this is what happened to you too (maybe look at a camera’s playback or something and look for an empty recording time, indicating the camera was rebooting for example). That’s why Wyze created a new feature for us to be able to tell the bulbs what to do when they regain power after an outage, so they aren’t all turning on like this anymore if you don’t want them to. “Power Loss Recovery” option lets you select whether to turn all your bulbs on after power is restored to them again, or to maintain whatever their previous state was (if they were off, they will stay off). The only problem with this option is that then the bulb won’t be able to turn back on again until it reconnects with the internet, which a couple of times has taken a while and been a pain, so I don’t use it with several important bulbs anymore…but overall it has been a nice feature.

1 Like

@isaiah58 My bulbs were fine as usual. If the power flickered (toggle 3 times to reset) they could have reset or gone to an unknown state.
Check what @carverofchoice mentioned ie: power loss recovery. When bulbs are in a group you can also have a “Custom per light” setting.

1 Like

I appreciate both responses. We did not have a power fluctuation or quick outage. Otherwise our microwave and coffee maker would have the “Clock” flashing. In addition, if the power fluctuates we have a couple of other devices that are usually affected. Our alarm panel makes an announcement. Many times our cable boxes need to be taken out of standby mode.

This started late yesterday with one of the Bulbs, on a Sensor trigger, triggering on but would not trigger off. I ended up deleting and recreating the “off” trigger to resolve that issue.

2 Likes

Next time it happens create a log file from the App for each troubled device.
Open a Support ticket with Wyze and post the log-ticket numbers with that support request.
You can also post the numbers here if youdon’t get Support attention but keep in mind they are mostly shut down for the holiday. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like