Any way to watch cam through a web browser?

I use a couple of my V2 cams as baby monitors also, for our grandchildren. I’ve brought this up a number of times before here in the forums, but I’ll ask again … will there ever be an update (fw and/or sw) that will permit the AUDIO to continue to play (like Pandora, etc.) while the Wyze app is closed? This way, I could continue to use my iPad and monitor the children while using the iPad for other activities. For that matter, my iPad Pro supports Picture-in-Picture mode, which is awesome on the iPad. How cool would it be if the Wyze app ever supported PiP? Or Split View or Slide Over view, for that matter? Anyway, wishful thinking I guess, especially since Landscape mode still hasn’t even been implemented for the iPad.

2 Likes

I use TinyCam on an old Android phone. It acts as a server for my Wyze Cams. Its only a few bucks and easy to setup and us. I setup the webserver in the app to serve the Wyze cam feeds. I can view my feeds in any browser (home, away, TV…)

1 Like

I am completely baffled you can’t access the camera feed from the website. Is it still 1995? Completely unacceptable.

7 Likes

haha. Seems like an obvious feature to have right?

3 Likes

I agree using an emulator isn’t ideal, but it doesn’t take that long… especially once the emulator is loaded it takes the same amount of time that it would from your phone. I probably spend 15-20 seconds for the whole process…

Tiny cam must have had an update on my phone that’s screwing things up, if I’m on my wifi I can’t use it until I go 4G and the settings are still the same. Including for it to auto detect home network. I even turned the home network option it on manually still no luck when on the same wifi.

Is it possible to use TinyCam to take a snapshot whenever there’s a motion detection event, then send the attachment via email or push to the cloud (e.g. Google Drive)?

EDIT:

Found my solution. Just use Tinycam Pro and it’s super easy to set up. Email notification includes a snapshot of the image taken at the time of the motion event. It offers a lot of other features too, much better than the Wyze app.

2 Likes

Wondering the same thing

OK, the cams are pretty good and very cheap. Maybe paying a few bucks a month for browser access via the Wyzecam website would give them incentive to set it up.

I thought you could use an android tablet,

Yes you can. BTW, the post you replied to is well over a year old.

I realize, yet for over a year no reply answered the “Or and android tablet” portion of his question.
I’ve an android tablet that Wyze cam refuses to load on, I suspect because it’s 4.4.2.

I’ve been using Blue Stacks for desktop access. It works very well.

1 Like

True, There are minimum versions of Android and iOS required. But tablet vs phone is not a distinction.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009792912-Requirements-to-use-the-Wyze-app

You can see it in the tiny cam app

I use Alexa and display the feeds on my Amazon video app of my Smart TV

I wrote a guide here if anyone’s interested:

3 Likes

Do You need to keep the phone at home ?

It would be desirable to allow compatibility for checking the cams on any webbrowser
that would allow to use other OS like Linux, Windows, etc, also we all Wyze customers depend on the
company be working and their servers resolve our cameras IP addresses, if the company dissapear (not impossible) or is sold or just decide some models are too old (programmed obsolescence), we will be watching the moon with a lot of plastic useless (no so cheap) devices, the Firmware of the cameras should allow the configuration of any other DynDNS service and also allow any web browser to connect to the camera at least for receiving the streaming and move the camera (when avail), I don’t like devices that are obscure and depend on a very large infrastructure to work when they could work directly between the device and the user without much infrastructure than a internet or LAN connection.

2 Likes

I agree, I’d like a web interface as well. Also, it seems accessing data locally stored on the cam takes a pretty long time. Doesn’t really make much sense to me why it’d take so long.

1 Like