Any plans for Apple Watch app to view feeds?

Not sure how plausible it’d be, but would be an awesome option for those of us who can’t use our phones at work too much :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve passed this idea along to the keeper of Wyze’s feature request tracker. As an Apple Watch user, I’d like to see this too. I agree that it may not be feasible due to the data rate that would be required between the phone and the watch.

1 Like

Thanks! It was just a thought I had while checking feeds from my phone. My wife has it worse, as she works at a Federal facility where smartphones are not allowed, so she has a Series 3 LTE to check messages and such, I believe the $10/mo device plans are for unlimited data so for her case this would work great!

1 Like

So far not caring for my Wyze camera. Having the ability on the Apple watch would help a lot. And should be able on the watch especially the ones with LTE version.

I love this idea and would like using it. I have 5 Insteon cameras and while there is an Apple Watch app it will not display any video - making it a useless app.
I have faith in Wyze coming through on this.

We upgraded to series 4, and wife got the LTE again. Sending videos via Facebook messenger and iMessage is no problem, the watch handles those great, even long ones. So the hardware can do it, just need Wyze to make the software happen!

Maybe this is a niche case, but when I check the camera, I’m usually only looking at a small area of interest (my baby’s face to check if she’s sleeping). I imagine the bandwidth requirements could be a lot lower if the phone could just send a small, user-determined crop of the camera’s field of view. Is that feasible?

Even if full FPS live video isn’t possible, and Apple Watch app would still be useful with just static images updating every few seconds after getting a motion alert. Or just to pull up on demand.

This topic has now been moved to the #roadmap category. You can now vote for it using the VOTE button at the top of the thread. You must click VOTE for it to count.

2 Likes

I actually don’t own a Apple Watch but was looong at getting one, and I think it would be a great idea to be able to link everything to you watch!

1 Like

Another idea could be to have the app text you the 14sec alert video so you can view it on the watch vs a live feed.

Just FYI, the CPI Security watch app streams camera video right to the watch. So video via a watch app is definitely possible.

2 Likes

So this got moved from roadmap to wishlist? Just trying to set my expectations on a feature like this.

@johnbcardin,

Actually, the status of this topic did not change.

The roadmap category got split into wishlist and roadmap. Only those topics that are in development, in testing or already implemented remained in roadmap.

Those topics that were maybe-later or researching went into wishlist. This was done to make it more clear which topics are user wishes but not yet in development or testing.

This topic is in the “maybe later” category, and that did not change.

2 Likes

Would love to see an Apple Watch added.

1 Like

Have an app to view cameras, see when motion was detected, press shortcuts for Apple Watch.

I agree, I work in a building where I may not always have my phone on me. I would love to have an I watch app that would allow me to get video notifications when a sensor/camera notification is tripped

1 Like

As an update, with one of the recent updates to the app there is now a photo that comes along with the iOS notification. That’s viewable on the phone and also on the watch. So while it may not be a full Apple Watch app, if what you care about is a quick way of viewing the trigger event, it exists now.

1 Like

How about Apple Watch just to turn lightbulbs on and off?

4 Likes

Apple watch does my hue lights no problem.