Any one actually like the outdoor camera?

Ekko,

That’d be a big NO from me! Rather than explain, just watch this video … [(Wyze Cam Outdoor Review - Unboxing, Features, Setup, Video Quality & Why I Don't Recommend It - YouTube)]

2 Likes

Yeah it didn’t help. Force closed and restarted the app too. Still no notifications on this app / phone. Thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FAIL… Worst new product launch since the Edsel

1 Like

I’m happy with my camera. I’m looking forward to getting more. I don’t really see what’s not to like. I feel like I’m getting a big bang for my buck because, for a $40 camera ($60 with base station), it can do a lot. I’m not really trying to guard Fort Knox or anything, so I’m not disappointed in the limitations. Are there more reliable cameras on the market? Sure, but you better have some reliable money too. So I’m thankful for what I have. I just want to be able to click something and see what’s going on at different parts of my house.

If I had Bentleys and Rolls-Royces and expensive open-back watches and a collection of Montblanc pens to guard, then Wyze probably wouldn’t be the company I’d need to successfully guard all that…but since I don’t have all that, hey, Wyze is fine with me. Or if I ever decide to become Batman, then yeah, an upgrade will definitely be needed to keep the bat cave safe, but for now, I’m fine with Wyze.

Having to take down the outdoor camera for a day to recharge isn’t gonna be that big of a pain either. Not like the world’s best criminals are just waiting for my cameras to fail so they can steal my LEGO sets or something.

1 Like

If You dont like the appreciation gift I’m willing to take it?

If You hate them so much then dont buy them the Majority of us Like WYZE Products including the camera’s

1 Like

I don’t know why people always go to that response when anything critical is said about something.
All he said was, you can claim your not selling “security” cameras but when you promote Person Detection, Notifications and Alerts people are going to see them as security cameras.
Nothing there about hating WYZE or their products.

3 Likes

Well yeah if anything I was escalating them by placing them in a higher class category that they disavow. I suspect it’s a general reading comprehension issue or an unfamiliarity with metaphor.

there are many people on these forums bashing the WCO and don’t even own one…personally I don’t need their 2 cents unless they have real world experience with it.

1 Like

All you need to know is it is a pos [Mod Edit]. And apparently customer service with Wyze is pathetic, have sent two tickets in asking for a return label a refund, no response yet. Camera won’t even work 28 feet from base station.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

you are certainly entitled to your opinion, it is shared by some but not all. I’m not sure of your environment, but I have 4 that are all over 30’ from the BS & no issues.

chicago?

Just outside, the storm on Monday was a doozie.

Best way to get hold of WYZE is probably by phone

Wyze Customer Support (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

It’s just assumptions Angus, like everybody makes usually in error

Good point

I think the short answer is a big fat no. They are not in line with expectations base on other Wyze products.

There are going to be some issues with a new product, and of course you can’t please everyone, but aside from the boxy look there’s very little these have in common with Wyze cam v1/v2 or pan.

Top issue - I installed an SD card why can’t I record events. Really this thing is pretty useless without

Other issues

Base station range is weak. Ends up showing as another network around my noisy WiFi environment

Detection isn’t good…at all. Also no person detection. No tuning/detection areas, etc

Battery life seems questionable base on rate it’s going down

1 Like

Wyze has new firmware that addresses mentioned problems. I don’t know if it’s been pushed out yet though

Mine has a good detection rate & good battery use its been up for 3 days catches almost all movement & it still has 100% battery level

1 Like

To answer Ekko, I am trying hard to like it because it is a smaller and cheaper version of another system that I really do like. But, in my opinion, Wyze Cam Outdoor is far from ready for prime time. The system strikes me as being armature. Things like “recording cool-down”, are unacceptable–it makes the whole feature useless, So far it has proven to be a slug when it comes to responding to motion, it’s always too late to catch the action. Battery life, nope, not as advertised, I’m watching it closely. Detection zone, no Wyze has the distinction having the first product I’ve seen with that feature not working. Time lapse, “duration & interval”, Wyze got that backwards. SD card… give me the good old $25 Wyze Cam, that one worked, Wyze Cam Outdoor is gibberish, between the Wyze Cam Outdoor’s SD that doesn’t work and the “Base Station” that doesn’t work either, I spent way too much time on that and still can’t save a single second of video to the SD card. All buggy stuff with it’s messages… on-off-on-connecting-failed to connect-getting video data… way more error messages than video, It’s just not a working system. The package and battery are acceptable, it’s cheap and the features match the price, but the software is unforgivably buggy and I get the feeling that quality doesn’t matter to Wyze, the philosophy of just throwing it over the fence and let the customer’s debug it stinks (I know it worked for Bill Gates). Things are different now… this much low quality lowers the product’s value, not something I want to spend money on. I hope the Wyze guys get wise to the term quality and come up with some clean software that makes this product usable. Like I said, I am trying hard to like it. Wyze has to try just as hard.