Any ideas what these are?

These white/transparent floating things triggered my son’s camera and I can’t tell what they are. Its not a bug or light through a window, so curious on people’s opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Dust particles illuminated by the IR light. The camera has a very close focus, so even tiny particles can be seen.

1 Like

Agree. Dust. The brightness of the ir lights at close range and the depth of field focus shows dust like you’ve never seen before. Just wait till a tiny bug crawls across the lens.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know much about this kind of thing, so I’ll trust both of you. I initially ruled out dust due to:

1. How fast they were moving
  2. The fairly sharp direction changes
  3. They seem to be decent size and are also transparent

The size and speed are illusions because of how close they are to the lens. They change direction at the whim of air currents moving around objects, like the cam. They can look white or transparent, depending on the speed mostly.

1 Like

Those are definately GHOST ORBS. Watch any number of paranormal TV shows and that’s what they say they are … and of course, since it’s on t.v., it’s gotta be true, right?

Maybe a close deceased relative coming to check in on things.

I’ve never had a reason to doubt TV. Everything I’ve learned, I’ve learned from TV and I turned out TV.

1 Like

I’ve seen these motions captured by my cam several times. I believe they could be tiny insects flying across the cam lens, and Event Recording (if set) kicks in. Nothing to worry about except you could be getting a false alarm/notification (when notifications are active).