Anti-theft mount

So people can’t just steal it, something like this: https://www.amazon.com/EEEKit-Anti-Theft-Security-Protective-Protection/dp/B07MMT8V8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550153467&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=arlo+anti+theft+security+chain&dpPl=1&dpID=41LAs3EqEKL&ref=plSrch

[Mod Note]: Referenced link is no longer valid. Please search the Internet or Amazon for “anti theft cam mount”. Make sure your selected product includes a 1/4-20 threaded shaft. Wyze Cam v3 and Cam Outdoor, Cam Pan, and Cam Pan v2 include a 1/4-20 threaded connection under the included mount that you can use to more securely install the cam to a standard 1/4-20 mount (1/4-20 = one quarter inch shaft diameter, 20 threads per inch).

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but looking at that link, one good yank and the camera is gone. Plus the case costs more than a Wyze Cam itself.

The mount stick through wall by screw you can’t just “yank” it off the wall and the camera is chain to the mount, you can’t just “yank” it off.

Or just put them where bad guys can’t reach them.

1 Like

If I didn’t have to keep a ladder next to mine, the height alone would be a deterrent.

not such a great set up, all you need to remove any of the securing screws is a Philips screw driver, and that would also remove the bolt for the chain. I would look into finding a full locking mountable case or making one. is audio isn’t an issue and your residence is configured favorably, mount it inside a window looking out so it can be physically touched at all.

Can we have some lockable wall/ceiling mount for the Cam Outdoor? I want to install mine under the porch roof but anyone over 6 foot could just reach up and pull it off the magnetic mount. I know storing on the cloud saves the video but the inconvenience and cost of replacing the camera is a worry.

Use the 1/4 20 screw thread on the bottom of the camera and something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IDCDZY/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

It’s better but you can still just unscrew the thread.

Need some kind of key operated mount/case and all the screw heads covered.

With the camera fixed to the wall with magnetic force, it makes it easy for any intruder with a broomstick to knock the camera off the wall. It is poignant with single-story houses, where cameras pointed to the front driveway.

With solar panel (continued recharge), it would be wise to offer the option to drill the camera to the wall with screws.

Anti-Theft Protection

#cameras #anti-theft #wishlist
I love Wyze cam. It gives you the option to get a subscription or get SD Card with no subscription. Unlike other company who forces you to get a subscription and pay for the product as well. There is only one issue that I have personally and I would really consider if Wyze could do this for me but also for everyone else. I noticed that the Wyze cam is mounted with one common star screw but Ring uses a security screw that no one else have so the camera could not be stolen. So can Wyze make some kind of security screw kit with a screwdriver so that Wyze cams can be somehow protected from theft?

Thanks!

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!