Announcing Wyze Lock - Available for EA

I have the same question. It would be great to have integration with zigbee hub such as Smartthings.

So I went looking into LockIn, and I saw something really familiar.

https://lockin.kickoffpages.com/

Lock icons are different but they are using the same font for the numbers on the numberpad. Indicator light is in the same place on the gateway. Big thing I noticed, specifically mentions ST integration. Maybe, maybe.

2 Likes

That answer is here

Thanks for the info. Are there plans to integrate with Smartthings?

That’s a separate issue , here is the wish list topic

2 Likes

Sounds great, what is the time frame for Alexa support?

That is in the original post

I’m sure this won’t be officially supported, but since communication between the lock and the gateway is zigbee, does that mean we can pair the lock with our own zigbee hub to control from Home Assistant. I don’t currently have zigbee in my setup (only z-wave currently), but i’m not opposed to adding a zigbee stick to home assistant.

1 Like

Hello, just pre-ordered mine, how much would the pad be?

3 Likes

Interesting also is lockin indicates a longer battery life also.

Use up to 18 months without changing AA Batteries.

Another Forum Thread on this subject ??? . Trying to get answers before I order . When is the Key Pad going to be available and how much ? .Come on why is it so difficult to get some answers …

They have not released the price of the keypad and every answer I have seen is ‘early 2020’

I have owned August/Yale-Nest/Yale Smart locks and I like what I see of this lock. My current lock is a Yale that integrates with Alexa and my Ring Alarm system. So to replace my existing lock it would need those two features in addition. Sounds like the Alexa integration is coming.

What I love is the ability of the lock to sense the door being closed without any external sensor. Right now I use a contact sensor to do that, and the August lock used an external magnet for that.

So I will definitely keep an eye on things as it matures!

1 Like

From the support pages, I believe the documentation says the first hop is lock to gateway (zigbee connection). Then second hop is gateway to your Wifi router.

Visual aid:

lock – (zigbee) → gateway – (wifi) – > router

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This looks awesome and I am hoping to get it before you run out of early access! Did I see something in the video about it detecting a door jam/incomplete lock engagement?

1 Like

Congratulations, Wyze team. You are working your a**es off, and I’m impressed.

I want to order the Lock (and Bulbs) but, as a Wyze fan with 50 Wyze Cams and Wyze Plugs installed in two homes, the lack of Homekit integration is increasingly becoming a deal killer for me.

I’ve got a few Homekit enabled products from your competitors. Homekit makes actioning those products so easy and useful that these products are changing the way I think of my Wyze products. This is not good…for me.

In fact, the more Wyze products I add the more I need Homekit integration in order to simplify the experience of managing so many devices in different locations.

There was talk early on that Wyze was looking into Homekit integration. That seems like it’s going nowhere. Waiting for Homekit is one thing. Living without Homekit is becoming a deal killer.

This is just one customer’s opinion, so, grain of salt and all that. But as I’ve said before, I want to stay with Wyze and I’d pay more for Homekit…but I need Homekit.

2 Likes

Just a thought on the lock color. Maybe you could sell as an accessory a thin 2 part shell that fits over the main housing and the turning mechanism. Or possibly partner with a bigger company like dBrand.

1 Like

Funny, working with LockIn company. Should we expect something like xnor.ai where the company decides to pull out and we end up with a gap/limitation in advertised service?

Also the price isn’t too slick. Augusta has their system for about the same price .

Very Exciting to see new products but we need to be cautious.
Thanks

1 Like