Today we’re launching Early Access for Wyze Lock—a WiFi and Bluetooth enabled smart lock that simplifies the coming home experience.
Wyze Lock adds brains to your existing single-cylinder deadbolt which makes installation significantly easier and doesn’t change how your door looks from the outside. After a quick installation you’ll be able to:
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere in the world
- Have your door automatically unlock when you get home
- Have your door automatically lock when it closes
- See when/who/and how the door is unlocked
- Share access with your friends and family
- Continue using your existing keys (though you won’t need to!)
- Have your door trigger Rules in the Wyze app (like turning your lights on when the door opens)
While we have a limited supply for Early Access, Wyze Lock will be back in February 2020 along with the Wyze Lock Keypad. The Keypad is an optional accessory that makes it even easier to share access to your home. We will also have voice support coming in early 2020 so you can ask Alexa or Google to lock/unlock the door.
Making Wyze Lock was a huge undertaking for Wyze and we couldn’t have done it alone. We have had a ton of support from the community who helped prioritize which features to include, the design of the product, and (of course) testing. We also partnered with Lockin—a subsidiary of one of the largest smart lock manufacturers. By working together we’ve been able to expedite development, keep costs low, and deliver a better product to our community. Want to see how Wyze Lock was made? Check out our behind-the-scenes video here.