[ANNOUNCEMENT] Wyze Community Mods Wanted!

Meow there!

Welcome to 2018! With the launch of our Wyze Community, we’re looking for moderators kitteh to help us manage the forums! Being a moderator sometimes requires you to commit time, but the joy comes from helping out your fellow WyzeCam users.

Wyze Community Expectations

• Moderate the community forum
  • Uphold the Wyze Community Guidelines and enforce the rules fairly.
  • Foster a safe and collaborative environment.
  • Assist your fellow WyzeCam friends with questions and concerns.
  • Handle reported forum posts.
  • Provide exciting and fun events/contest ideas for the community.
  • Be able to efficiently ‘put out fires’ when needed and without being asked.
  • Must possess the ability to be diplomatic in difficult situations.
  • Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
  • Must be active on the Wyze Community and commit for a 6-month period.
HOW TO APPLY
  1. Reply to this topic
  2. Title your comment with “YOUR FORUM NAME – Mod Application”.
  3. Answer the following:
    1. A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a mod.
    2. What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod.
    3. Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If so please explain.
    4. Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? If so, please state which languages.
Successful applicants will be contacted. There is no set date when the candidate process will end, but we will allow adequate time for submitting your application, leaving feedback, and making the final selection. Please help us spread the word and recommend friends who you think might make a great mod!

Forum mods will have early access to future new products to help us with beta testing!

Good luck and we look forward to all of your submissions!

Fictiondave - Mod Application

Retired Project manager. Managed 200+ employees. I am a IOT and electronics geek ,as my wife will tell you. Bless her heart for putting up with me as I know it drives her crazy?

I hope to provide excitement and insight into the use and benefits of the Wyze Cam as well as all other moderator duties!!

I do not have experience as a moderator nor do I know speak or right any other language.

Does Canadian count, eh??

DahBizomb - Mod Application

1. A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a mod. - I like to give back to the community.

2. What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod - To ensure that the forums flow smoothly and to serve the community ensuring that posts conform to the forum guidelines.

3. Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? Yes. I am currently a Mod on a couple of subreddits.

4. Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? - Unfortunately, I only speak and write in english.

Tonycdh – Mod Application

I have extensive knowledge in computer and mobile applications. I hope to provide a good understanding and knowledgeable information for wyzecam products to the forum and community. I do have limited moderating knowledge. I have moderated groups for a gaming site (carls sims) and a local business online over the past 10 years. English is all I know fluently. I have a minimum speaking knowledge of Spanish. I currently own 2 wyzecams and looking to get number 3 and 4 to add to my happy little duo. I am very excited to own these products. I mainly got them to keep a watchful eye on my pup while me and my husband are away. I put one out a window pointing at my backdoor and it works amazingly. So now I need one for the front porch of course and who knows where else! I was looking for a cost effective way to monitor my house without paying an exuberant amount of money. You get so much more than what you pay for with wyzecam. I am extremely impressed with this product and would like to be able to get other people to be just as excited, impressed and talking about this product and getting the word out through this forum.

SADANIELS7 - Mod Application

I’ve done a lot of online work that makes me a good fit for this position. I am currently working at Appalachian State University where I troubleshoot for and assist students with an online program called Tk20. For this position, I am constantly having to put out “small fires” in a diplomatic way. I have a very strong background in communication skills - I have published papers and completed a bit of editing. I do not have any experience moderating, but I am a fast learner! I am only fluent in English.

As a mod, I hope to create a safe and engaging environment for Wyzers by holding community members to the community standards. I think by doing this we can have a fun web space for discussions. I also hope to engage people with new ideas for their WyzeCams and connect them with any information or promos you are working on. For example, I think it would be amazing to have use the “Captured on WyzeCam” forum to do something cool like get involved in citizen science! We can have Wyzers set up their cameras toward bird feeders and add our findings onto eBird. Just one idea of many for engaging Wyzers and combining that with outreach type activities.

mdntranger - Mod Application

A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a mod.

-I really enjoy using the WyzeCam products and would like to give back to the community and help out with discussions and offer directions and ‘encouragement’ where necessary.

What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod.

-I would like to be able to help fellow WyzeCam community members with their questions, problems, and discussions. I also would like to relate the experiences I’ve had with the WyzeCams (I have 4 of them and was part of the original ordering group). I do have a lot of experience with these cameras.

Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If so please explain.

-I have moderated for three other forums and am currently an administrator for a flash gaming forum. I have also moderated an online game and am used to both live and reply-type conversational styles.

Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? If so, please state which languages.

-I only fluently speak English. I do have Spanish experience from high school, but have not used that in many years. With the help of Google translate, I could pass with basic Spanish communication.

Jaipursky - Mod Application

20+ yrs experienced electronics enthusiast, a fan of WyzeCam philosophy and products, one of the early user, seen many setup issues would love to help community on a large scale.

What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod.

Anyone who joins the family of Wyze products is super excited to get started however unforeseen issues sometimes break heart and cause frustration. I would be happy to help new members.

I am moderating couple of Facebook groups and a few official discussions groups for last 10+ years. I understand Moderation is a big responsibility to ensure discussion are meaningful, inclusive and focused.

I speak and write English as well as Hindi. with modern technology language conversion isn’t an issue and can contribute well.

I am sure we will build a great Wyze community soon.

<span style=“color: #1f222f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 12px;”>tommymdempsey – Mod Application</span>

<li style="box-sizing: border-box; background: none; margin: 0px; list-style: lower-alpha;">A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a mod.
    1. I love the WyzeCam and have been a big promoter on it through my site and social media (although they aren't widely followed :)). I also have a pretty calm demeanor and would foster a healthy culture within the forum.
    <li style="box-sizing: border-box; background: none; margin: 0px; list-style: lower-alpha;">What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod.
    1. As I mentioned above, I'd like to help keep the culture of the community positive as well as help anywhere I can as I've already been doing through some other avenues (reddit, facebook, etc).
    <li style="box-sizing: border-box; background: none; margin: 0px; list-style: lower-alpha;">Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If so please explain.
    1. Unfortunately I do not. WAYYYYY back in 90 something, I ran a forum for a Quake 3 clan :). I guess that's as close as I got.
    <li style="box-sizing: border-box; background: none; margin: 0px; list-style: lower-alpha;">Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? If so, please state which languages.
    1. Nope.

dvc2005 – Mod Application

A brief description of why you think you are a right fit for a mod.:

I don’t mind helping others with questions that needs an answer, im never offline…

“What do you hope to achieve and provide for the community as a mod?”:

I hope to achieve the benefit of knowing that I was able to provide substance at a time when its needed the most : The Beginning of a beautiful Horizon!

Do you have any experience moderating for other communities? If so please explain.

I have been a mod on various other forums/ chat rooms (Yahoo Messenger chat rooms!lol) decades ago. From Dating to Tech .

Do you speak and write in other languages other than English? If so, please state which languages.

No I do not , but there are translation apps and software that can help me quickly and efficiently respond to another individual speaking a different language…

thanks for all the submission everyone! we’ll look into it and be in touch if you are selected soon! :smiley: