Android users

I cannot say. Very possibly. Not sure wearables of such nature have enough resources to display a lot at once.

1 Like

Hyperbole or actually ready to implant today? :slight_smile:

Nah, I need at least version 2😉

1 Like

Prudent! :laughing: :+1:

Hey @Rulwiz , quite an interesting statement, care to explain? :slight_smile:

I have not played with the new stuff, just toyed with some early game sets and Google Cardboard. They were… fine I guess. For demos.

Of course there’s a distinction between VR, obliterating your field of view for immersiveness, and AR that overlays on your real world view. Both have applications but AR, as @R.Good indicates, has a lot more non-gaming utility. So I do have hope for effective AR for travel, work, sports, etc.

Also, to NOT build cameras into the glasses is ridiculous. So what if the glassholes were shunned - it’s a supremely useful feature to be able to record what you’re seeing (without strapping a GoPro to your forehead). The current crop of manufacturers are cowards. :wink:

I say some off-the-wall stuff sometimes. Hopefully private conversations aren’t recorded or there is a blinking red dot between your eyes to indicate recording. :thinking:

1 Like

I like this tack! Corps need to plump up their shrunken… courage. :blush:

Thanks for the overview!

2 Likes

Might be interesting in India when chips are fully bio-integrated. Just a single LED under pre-existing dot.   :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s one of those things that will be naturally self regulating. Society is built around “don’t be an a-hole” feedback loops ™. You’ll either trust the people you’re with or ask them to remove their headwear.

Almost every one us is now equipped with covert audio recording devices all the time and yet it… somehow just hasn’t been an issue at all?

Edit: Also the early versions will continue to do the red dot thing - I think that’s a terrible idea that ruins the look of the glasses and distracts anyone looking at you. It is unnecessary and does nothing but provoke.

2 Likes

I am so glad I am out of the work force. I am not a person you put on speakerphone. It is amazingly scary that allowed speech in the past is now considered hate speech or harassment. Also, I only have a few good friends that I fully trust. I am glad to have those.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I meant personally carried cell phones, not anything to do with work recordings.

1 Like