An update regarding Person Detection

Brillant! I kept that firmware too along with the ios app, but didn’t purchase the additional month service fees, as it would have been to cost prohibited for 13 outdoor cameras.

Its very hard to replace the embedded Xnor code, My personal guess is that it will take years to replicate that effective person detection, which is why Apple purchased the company for its IP.

1 Like

Without a functional person detection and cmc, this cameras are not more than just a half way nanny cams. Hopefully they can earn a better title sometime soon.

They will get better, just give them some time

I’m not donating anything no matter how small. This is not a GoFundMe project. This is a service Wyze is advertising. They need to get it working properly otherwise customers who are willing to pay for such a service (as advertised) will stop paying for it. I’ve already stated I will pay more for CMC+PD, but that’s only if it actually works.

4 Likes

I should’ve never updated the firmware, as the previous version with Xnor PD worked flawlessly… Wyze, we need the PD and CMC to work together asap!

2 Likes

you can go back the old firmware

1 Like

Really? I didn’t know that! How?

The firmware is here.
Probably v4.9.5.36 for the V2 and v4.10.5.34 for the Pan.

Firmware manual flashing instructions are here.

3 Likes

It talks about putting in the SD card, so I assume I am supposed to take it out before I do the update? I am a v2. I will read more because I am not sure what this update will accomplish.

I’m using Firmware version: 4.9.4.169 for my V2, with the person detection working very well and ios Version v2.6.62.

I really would like to go back to the pervious version of the ios application, but its not possible in the Apple ecosystem. I believe its the combo of firmware and application that make the system work well.

I just downgraded one of my cameras to try it out. Now, my question is if the xnor pd will work with the beta app where all the rest of the cameras still running the beta firmware?

Sorry, I’m not sure as I didn’t want to risk more frustration. In my experience working with these devices, all these ‘updates’ Come with sacrifices, what I mean is you gain some things but what you had that was working well including iOS button placements are lost.

I also noticed that a new beta firmware is being offered to download, which I haven’t done yet. I will try the new one with another of my cams so I have something to compare it from the previous ones since there is not any information of what it is been added, changed or improved with the most recent one.

My Opinion, Don’t update right now, The latest Beta is turning into a forest fire. Just wait a bit…My .02

You can downgrade but I don’t think you are able to reenable the xnor stuff from what I can tell. I just tried.

This is menu is no longer there…

1 Like

The old xnor.ai person detection only worked with the first 12 seconds of the video. If the person showed up in second 15 of a CMC video it would not be labeled as a person. The current WYZE person detection does NOT work with CMC currently but they are working on that issue.

2 Likes

Sadly I found that out too. It looks like that old firmware version has been replaced with a dummy one. Otherwise everyone would be hanging on that one

We had an agreement with XNOR to remove the cloud portions (such as the tag for the notifications generated in the cloud). It’s the same firmware file that was originally updated but it doesn’t have the same things to connect to.

3 Likes

PD working pretty good so far it detect people from 50 to 60 feet sometimes it detect flies and moving leaves as a person

Its now May of 2020 and still nothing…