An update regarding Person Detection

Will this effect Complete Motion Capture subscription that I am currently enrolled in?

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Thanks for the heads up. What becomes of the videos we submitted to help identify people??

2 Likes

I donā€™t have an exact date since we are already in development for our next app release (2.7) and the next one (2.8). We will inform the beta channel for updates.

2 Likes

CMC and Person Detection arenā€™t directly related. Youā€™d continue to get your complete motion events in the cloud, but person detection wonā€™t get tagged.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick responseā€¦

Thankful for Wyze and the great communication.

Hereā€™s the email I sent to xnor.ai:

ā€œIā€™ve used your product on my Wyze cam for many months. I submitted multiple videos to help improve your algorithm, just have you take my data and run. The way you pulled your product means that going forward I will intentionally avoid any product that uses your technology. Ending your contract may have been within your rights, but it wasnā€™t right.ā€

14 Likes

Yeah hehe I meant to say person detection but my fingers typed motion.

Nerdlan,

Thank you for your response, but what is the difference? I receive notifications that says motion detection that lets me know something has been picked upā€¦

There are two types of motion notifications the app can send. It can alert you when something moves on camera. This movement could be anything ā€“ a person, a vehicle, an animal, a bug, a leaf, etc.

Thereā€™s also a feature that can send you a specific notification that the camera has detected a PERSON, rather than simply generic motion. This is the feature that is going away for now. A person moving on camera will continue to send a generic motion notification, but temporarily, it wonā€™t be able to differentiate human motion from other motion anymore.

4 Likes

Nerdland,

Thank you so much for breaking that down for me, sometimes I need things explained to me like a 3 year old and the way you explained it was spot on. I know exactly what you are referring too, I receive notifications when it is a particle of lint or my Christmas lights.

3 Likes

hi,
Just got email on this that the contract with the Person detection AI provider xnor.ai has been terminated. Were they collecting any data (for eg: feedback - when I confirmed that I saw a person or not)? if so, what happens to all our data that was collected? Who would see to it that any customer data collected by xnor.ai is deleted?

Sad, but in the meantime can you work on an irregular shape detection area so that I still get a notification when the paper kid or Amazon is at my front door rather than the tree blowing in the wind ?

3 Likes

If we are losing the person detection, how about Wyze camera detection window become more adjustable, Can we get the ability to make it smaller so we can watch and alert on a very small area of the windowā€¦ Another feature, give us more than one detection window?

4 Likes

I sure hope Wyze segregates videos by user with a private key thatā€™s decrypted by our Wyze credentials but maybe not. Iā€™ll admit I havenā€™t read the fine print.

But in order to run post-processing on the vids, they would need to be able to read them.

SOON? 2020 can be 12 months.

Reasons which I was so excited about buying a bunch of Wyze cams is the AI features. It was not perfect but it works in most cases. So sad to see it s not going to support built-in AI :frowning:

Why donā€™t you update 12 sec motion detection to a full motion detection for existing customer to compensate the lost of this feature? @UserCustomerGwen

3 Likes

Once again, two steps forward, one step back,
For ME person detection was a good idea but poor practice. For much of the time it was active my little old Samsung J3 was experiencing video lag of up to 24 seconds. Plus at my Virginia residence nobody came in the center field of view. So I donā€™t miss person detection.
But that lag was just solved with the new app and V2 FW 4.8.5.28, and broken with (the newest V2 FW). Once again I can see something on the screen and expect it is happening outside NOW.
Which can be very important when Iā€™m using the cams as backup cameras.

1 Like

They will be implementing their own in the future, they have not said whether it would be local or cloud

Wyze owns all the videos that our customers submitted to us. XNOR is deleting the videos that they received and were using. However, we will keep ours to work on our in-house AI solution.

17 Likes

Thank you for confirming that

3 Likes