An update regarding Person Detection

Why don’t give us cameras for free too? this is a company that need to make margins, we have 14 days 12 sec free which is awesome for a $20 cameras, the complete motion capture create servers cost to Wyze.

it is true that in business if something is giving for free, customers will be expecting to be free forever, but that shouldn’t include new services.

Count me in

Then you should check out this link. :slight_smile:

Become a Beta Tester

1 Like

He is already

Yeah thank you for the link I really appreciate it I installed the beta app through the test flight on my iPad it actually fixed an issue I was having thank you

1 Like

I’m happy to help and glad to hear it! :smiley:

They do occasionally :smile:

Lol why not Just give us a company called a raffle and give it to one lucky person but no one will still be happy

Glad to now understand what actually happened with the XNOR partnership. I would agree that this means Apple is hunting for a camera company to either buy up entirely or they are developing one of their own. All I can say is, Wyze, PLEASE enjoy being your own company!!! :slight_smile: Not interested in Apple with their hardware prices and subscription costs…I like Wyze’s prices!!! :slight_smile:

Don’t worry! We’re loving seeing how far we can take things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Gwen,

I’m assuming reverting to an earlier firmware doesn’t give you person detection back correct?

Thanks

@UserCustomerGwen
If we do not update the firmware on current cameras, can we keep the person detection?
I didn’t updated yet, and I’m planning to not do it until your in house person detection will be roughly tested and improved.

1 Like

Thank you for being so forth coming. It is not always to be up front when you face dificulties but it is always the right thing to do and it always pays off in the end. Sure I hate to lose person detection but knowing why up front makes it totally acceptable. Keep up the great work and just know that we stand behind you 100 percent. It feels so good to buy from a company that is not concerned only about profitability.

1 Like

Agreed. If a product that I use becomes owned by Apple, I will toss it in the trash immediately. I do not use Apple products in my house under any circumstances.

Apple has arguably some of the best, most secure infrastructure, and unquestionably the best consumer privacy protections - this is only one of the many reasons for their “premium” cost.

Of course I’m speculating, but they will likely use the technology on their devices to improve face recognition in their Photos app. Would be equally awesome to see them create an Apple-branded, HomeKit compatible camera with this tech.

You do realize that by purchasing Google and Amazon smart home devices, you become the product, right? That’s why they cost so little. Google and Amazon make way more money from the data they harvest from their cheap devices than they ever could from the hardware sales alone; that’s exactly why they make them so affordable.

Personally, I value security and privacy equally. That’s the exact reason I don’t use Google nor Amazon products and services - at all - in home or otherwise, under any circumstances.

EDIT: I may have overstated the above; I very much enjoy purchasing items from Amazon, just not their smart-home products.

4 Likes

oh gawd you are asking for the often vicious argument debate regarding apple versus android, mac versus pc, etc.

Yeah, I know its like opening a can of worms. I’m not interested in a back-and-forth, nor would it be appropriate in this particular forum.

EDIT: As others have pointed out, it prob best not to engage this debate here. I have edited my earlier posts to that extent.

1 Like

Those that love “xyz” company or product will not be moved by logic, nor will those that dislike “xyz” product or company. This is an unanswerable question and an unwinnable debate so it’s best not to even start the conversation.

2 Likes

dude you asking for what is very much like a passionate political snowballing argument. maybe just google for all that nonsense for you to dive into because too much has already been written elsewhere all over the internet on that already.

Fair enough. I’m going to leave the earlier post as “food for thought”, but retract invite for genuine replies.