An update regarding Person Detection

No you can still stream all your videos for free it’s just instead of getting 12 seconds of recording on Wyze cloud you get for motion recording for as long as the motion continues to go which makes it a godsend specially when do you have suspicious characters in your neighborhood stealing packages bikes hell even cameras doorbells if it’s not nailed down someone is going to steal it that’s why I like having the Wyze camera and continuous recording is great I have no problems paying for it it’s at a really reasonable price I hope they come out with other wyze services

3 Likes

Totally bummed about losing person detection and looking for alternatives. I have found that the Wyze Sense motion sensor goes off all the time when the pavement heats up at my front door or driveway for my situation. Not sure what else I can do in the mean time after it goes away. Before person detection, I had to completely disable notifications so losing it will be somewhat painful and I can only hope that Wyze can put it back fairly quick but for what is needed to make that happen I am guessing we will not see it again until near the end of this year but I hope I am wrong…very wrong.

1 Like

It is now almost the middle of January when loss of personal detection was supposed to happen. Are there any further details on the timing?

1 Like

The release that will remove XNOR’s person detection is about to be released to beta. Our version is making great progress but I’m not sure when it will start moving through the test cycles.

7 Likes

:cry:

Like so many others, person detection revolutionized my use of notifications. Please keep us informed on Wyze’s development of an alternative (and improved:-) AI solution.

P.s. I’ll gladly sign up for Beta testing.

1 Like

Mystery solved: https://www.geekwire.com/2020/exclusive-apple-acquires-xnor-ai-edge-ai-spin-paul-allens-ai2-price-200m-range/

3 Likes

Not to worry, Wyze already pirated Xnor.ai’s core employees :grin:

Looks like Apple bought Xnor. Now we know why they pulled out of their relationship.

1 Like

Not surprising. I guessed that a competing camera company probably gave them a better offer. I didn’t have Apple in mind specifically, but I guess they’re technically a “camera company,” among other things. Haha

Bye bye Xnor.ai…
Hope your new owners at Apple treat you well.
Also hope that the in-house person detection AI will be as good or even better!

I hate Apple so much…

1 Like

We’ll be sure to keep people updated when the testing begins. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So now the real reason comes out that Apple has purchased the startup company. I’m so glad Apple didn’t buy Wyze outright or I would have to throw out all my Wyze products.

5 Likes

We’re enjoying being our own company. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Apple doesn’t want to deal with 12Security? :grin:

Hey, their products are all manufactured in China, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Do you know the history of DR-DOS and Gary Kildare?

Just because your products are made in China does not mean your products cannot be secure I love all Apple devices I do not like how their devices are so restrictive and what you can do with them in on them I do have Windows machines that I build for my own personal use but all of Apple‘s products coexist with each other and that cohesiveness is what makes People want to keep buying them and it’s kind of a social status people think they’re better than people without Apple products which is stupid that’s why I like Wyze because their products just work with each other and far as I know have no security vulnerabilities like ring does

1 Like

I knew some of it! But I’m brushing up using Wikipedia.

1 Like